Low FPS animation problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bicunisa

Low FPS animation problem

Post by bicunisa »

Hi guys!

I got a problem, let me explain:

I want to play an animation with a very low FPS, for example I load the dwarf model that comes in the tuts, then set it to animate at 1 FPS. The problem is that the frames are displayed like that, no interpolation between them. I did search the forums a bit, and didn't find anything related to this :(

How can I make the frames go from one to another in a smooth way? Is there an interpolation method to go from one frame to another? or how can I implement that?
OMG another MMORPG project! AztlanRPG
AussieMike

Post by AussieMike »

You want a smooth animation at 1fps ??

Didn't know that existed....
vitek
Bug Slayer

Post by vitek »

He wants the animated scene node to animate at 1 fps. In order for this to work well, the vertex positions would need to be interpolated between frames.

To do it right it looks like you would need to modify the animated mesh scene node and animated mesh interfaces as well as all of the derived classes to handle lerping between two matrices.

You might be able to cobble something together for X files by just modifying CXAnimationPlayer to do what you need.
bicunisa

Post by bicunisa »

AussieMike wrote:You want a smooth animation at 1fps ??

Didn't know that existed....
Think about a really slow motion animation for your mesh.
Or about a spell that makes a character move really slow.
OMG another MMORPG project! AztlanRPG
vegeta

Post by vegeta »

í barely know anything but isn't there something so that you can set an animation of like 30 frames to 90 so i would just make a slow motion animation or maybe you can triple the animation length with some sort of code