I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
captdj

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by captdj »

I just downloaded the SDK but i cant find the engine. Can u help?
gfxstyler

Post by gfxstyler »

read the faq on the top on the beginners help forum
captdj

Post by captdj »

i still dont understand plz tell me as simple as possible
xterminhate

Post by xterminhate »

Cannot you see include and lib directories into Irrlicht archive ?
Return to Irrlicht after years... I'm lovin it.
It's hard to be a Man !
Si vis pacem para belum
boboS

Post by boboS »

Simple as possible :

Put the archive content in a folder then set ur c++ compilator to link include folder and lib folder, then run an example from examples folder.

Ahh..btw u need to know C++ ;)
As your ship is going down
ll stand by and watch you drown
Xharock

Post by Xharock »

You will notice that in the Irrlicht archive there are many directories. There are three that are of interest. The first is Lib. This contains the library file for the engine. There are different flavours of the Library so make sure you get the correct one for your compiler. Make sure you point to this directory in your compiler settings. Second there is the Include directory. This contains the headers files for Irrlicht. Again make sure you point to this directory in your compiler settings. Finally tehre is the bin directory. In there are compiled examples and compiled DLLs. There is a DLL for diferent compilers so again make sure you choose the right one.
gfxstyler

Post by gfxstyler »

are you guys kinda stupid? the exact same stuff that you just told him is listed on the irrlicht FAQ thats on top of the beginners forums page (and its even explained better)

why do you do that? :?
Xharock

Post by Xharock »

Cos some people are just plain lazy.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

@ captdj: I agree. You should read the FAQ's and also know this is an engine you must compile so you must have some C++ knowledge (if not be a C++ programmer). So a question like yours only smells like a troll trying to start something. Thread locked and erased in next prune.
If you're seriously interested in the engine you should know your question is totally out of range, even from the newbie range. It's plain lazyness. You gotta first try and do the things yourself; there are several tutorials around on how to start using the engine but you're just taking the easy way.
Remember, no pain no gain!