GUI Editor, Irrgi 2.1 Released!!! (Major Update)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
sRc

Post by sRc »

umm.. midnight, this isnt stikcied, and there havent been any moderators in this topic
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

Dude, no-one is "stepping on you". There has been no moderator's commenting on the topic, nor has the thread been stickied in anyway. In other words - you sound somewhat paranoid to those of us following the thread...

Secondly, if "Ecliptic Fate" is not your trolling account - it would appear that you troll using both accounts then *shrug* Simply put comments like calling someone a "fascist" (where you get that I have no idea) and stating (in essence) that "mine is better than yours so give up" ARE trolling. I don't care who you know, and who likes you - those comments are insulting and in no way useful.

--EK
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Ok guys, first of all I want to make some things clear. We know and respect every member of this community. There are some that become familiar because of their active participation in the forums but this doesn't mean we're biased towards one's or other's criteria when talking about their threads. On the contrary, as mods we have to be as neutral as possible and respect everyone's opinion and interfere when things are getting out of hand. Remark the good points in a project and encourage them to keep on working. Irrlicht's main principle is freedom; to create to share, to respect our ideas. What's the point of having just one project for each specialized Irrlicht task? I don't see people developing the My3d format arguing with the ones behind deled's or murphy's tools. I also don't see any of them saying "this project is better" or even worse "this project is the best and it's the one and only". So here I must agree and say :"Midnight I think you over reacted with the other editor", specially attacking its creator. You shouldn't see it as competence or a mennace, on the contrary, I would've expected you guys to cross ideas and complement yourselves, for your own benefit and then for the community's. It's the first time I see someone offended simply because someone's working on a similar project. I've checked Midnight's GUI editor and also rm2kdev's. They're both great, and they both fit perfectly in Irrlicht's universe, concept and philosophy. I think it's about time we leave these feelings that generate chaos and offenses behind and try to look in the same direction, don't you think?
So I encourage you both to keep working on your projects. Don't let any weird ideas cross your mind. Think big, think in Irrlicht, share your experiences and debate them, but always with a purpose; the purpose to grow and learn, and share and teach, and to be a better human being. This week I realized how short our time is here in this "reality". So why complicate our existence with trivial fights instead of helping one another?
Finally, please help me get this back into topic. It's a great topic as well as Midnight's. I'm stickying them both. :wink:

EDITED:even better; I'm gonna start checking our projects and making sticky the most used and consulted.
Ecliptic Fate

Post by Ecliptic Fate »

old post delete the thread!!
Last edited by Ecliptic Fate on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

:D :D :D
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I'll be waiting for your next release! :D

Right now I'm speechless. :wink:
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

Apology accepted, dude! :) I too apologise for any misunderstandings.

For the record, I am quite looking forward to the next release of GUICE. I think the application has alot of merit and am curious as to what you've done since the last time I looked at it.

--EK
Wolf Dreamer

Why the hell does it need to access Windows Word?

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Why does it try so aggressively to access Windows Word 2002?

I cancel it from doing that, then it loads up the rest of the program, that locks up and doesn't do anything, me having to use CTRL ALT DEL to be rid of it.

Not a virus is it?
!!Irrgi is now the OFFICIAL 3rd party Gui editor)
Why say that if Niko hasn't declared it so yet? Honestly now. I know you are excited, but you can't go making claims like that.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
Jin

Post by Jin »

Maybe he assumed that because the thread is on the front page news?
juliusctw

yo E fate

Post by juliusctw »

yo E fate

instead of arguing whos GUI editor is better, i suggest we wait until you release your editor and we all can be the judge :D
stodge

Post by stodge »

It's not a case of whose editor is better, it's whose penis is longer. Or shorter as the case may be.
Quibbler

XML support?

Post by Quibbler »

Hi rm2kdev!

I was wondering if you could implement XML support?

It would be nice if the whole GUI could be saved as an XML-file.
This way, it would be easier to make small changes without having to run your GUI-editor. Plus, the end-user would have the possibility to customize the GUI simply by editing the XML-file.

With your permission, I would gladly help you implement this.

/Quibbler