IrrXML, TinyXML, MSXML, ...?

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
michael520

IrrXML, TinyXML, MSXML, ...?

Post by michael520 »

IrrXML, dont know much about.
TinyXML, base on DOM, no validation.
MSXML, DOM & SAX, with XSD validation.

I want to use XML as the format for saving level data, and I am choosing which XML lib to use.
So wish anyone who ever do this give some advices or anything else...
Thanks!
Glawe

Post by Glawe »

I dont really know exactly which one to use, but you should consider a multiplatform if you dont want to be tied up to windows (read msxml).

/Glawe
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I really like libxml2, which is not C++, tough. Xerces-C is a rather large and complex, but works very well. However, XSD validation is often way too much for most purposes.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

I've used TinyXML in several projects. It's easy to add and use and for level-data i found it always sufficient. Depends a little if you really need XSD Validation.
TheRLG

IrrXML

Post by TheRLG »

Well, if your project is using Irrlicht, I'd say just save time and go with IrrXML, it's easy enough anyways. But if you're not using Irrlicht in your project, you might wanna try TinyXML, it's also fairly easy. Either way you go, theyre pretty easy, it just depends on what your needs are.
michael520

Post by michael520 »

Really thanks!

I think I would use TinyXML then.