Need Models for IrrLichtRPG

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
keless

Need Models for IrrLichtRPG

Post by keless »

I need some models that have been tested and proved to work with IrrLicht.

Currently I despirately need: *items* (swords, potions, hourglasses, spoons, whatever you would put into your inventory in an RPG)

In the future I will need avatars. Currently I am using the faerie and sydney .md2 models from the tech demo. However, these are limited, and since .x is out, I would like to get a good series of .x models (with common animations: "attack" "walk/run" "take damage" etc).

I suppose this could not only be a call for models, but a call for artists. Anyone who wants to contribute art resources to IrrLichtRPG, please leave your info here.

Anyone who wants to contribute coding ability should PM/IM me, or use the main project thread.

This project is really getting to an exciting stage of development, and I'm looking for some no-nonsense people to be a part of it.
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

Wait me in june ;)...I have some big endeavours till then..I may help a bit though if I see an iddle moment...

Anyway, first would be a sample animation fo rthe Irlitch engine....
buhatkj

i can try and do some item models, maybe some code...

Post by buhatkj »

i will be making several item models for fmorg, i will be glad to share them as i make em. also irrlichtrpg and fmorg have some similar goals, but very different methodology of implementation. i personally think you prolly have the advantage(more experience/talent/time to work on it). since we have both been working on using message passing to allow for networked play, perhaps some of my network code would be useful to you? also i have some neat little classes like timers and a sound manager that work well with audiere and irrlicht. lemme know if any of this sounds useful to you.
-Ted
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

imho, if you join strenghts, much better. An rpg is a large thing to do, I suppose...
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

I'm in the process of quickly whipping things up for Centaur Force (bottles, crates, lights, silverware, plates, etc. etc.) and i'll gladly donate anything you deem useful. As long as credit is given (:twisted: i'm an egotistical maniac :twisted:). Just tell me what you want, and i'll see what i can do

p.s. jk about the credit, you don't need to give me any. :-D
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
keless

Post by keless »

Thanks for the response guys:

@ver:
"Anyway, first would be a sample animation fo rthe Irlitch engine.... "
not sure what this meant

@buhat:
Im not planning on adding actual networking in the first version of IrrLichtRPG (though you are correct in that I am keeping it in mind for the long run, as well as the experience+time bit). After I finish IrrLichtRPG 1.0, I'll be developing a game "Erring Light Saga 1" on it. After that I will work on IrrLichtRPG 2.0, which will be networked.

I'll probably start looking to steal your sound or timer classes when I come up from air after implementing the Item System. I'll also be looking towards Sai's XML GUI stuff. (I think he should name that project "SaiGUI")

@Robo:
give me anything and everything! lol
For resources, I think I'm going to write up a CREDITS.txt to throw in the data/media/ directory for the intermediate. When I add an actual credits screen to the game, I'll include that info, so you could see your name scrolling by in the near future.

I have been releasing my resources in a data.zip file, and putting them up on my website with my source code-- so dont give me anything you dont want other developers to have access to. Or at least, let me know if there are things like that which I shouldnt add to the data.zip
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

@ver:
"Anyway, first would be a sample animation fo rthe Irlitch engine.... "
oh, sorry, I meant, I would have a priority of providing a good model to niko, for loading as dx file animation. The more, the better.

Indeed, I have a model, these days clothes, -not medieval- already uv mapped, non textured, that I had dreamed to animate for niko's samples...

Anyway, I'm quite overloaded. And hurts to see such cool projects and having the "spool" I have..

Anyway, I'd like to see problems that users have with dx format solved. As I am convinced the dx format has been a really good step in the engine.
deps

Post by deps »

Here is a spoon for you. :)
keless

Post by keless »

Cool, I'm using the spoon.x right now as I am developing the Item System. (its tiny, so i need to scale it up a little)
deps

Post by deps »

Nice to know it came to use. :)