How to get IRRCLICHT istalled?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Mr-Muskrat

How to get IRRCLICHT istalled?

Post by Mr-Muskrat »

Hello every1!

I`l just downloaded IRCLICHT, and I extracted it, and then I extracted: IRRLICHT-1.0 and IRRLICHT.Net.. Now I have three folders but I dont know what to do whit them !?!? Should I use somekind of C++ transalator or something?

Sorry about bad english!

I have other question too, its not very important, Im just curious :D What is "Visual Studio"??
Muskrat is beutifull mammal!
TheWorstCoderEver

Post by TheWorstCoderEver »

1.What you need is a compiler and a programming environment. Preferably Code::Blocks, but VC++ would do it too. Once you have these up and running you still have to set the paths to Irrlicht header files and static libraries for the environment. Both the headers and the libraries can be found in the archive that you downloaded.

2.As far as I know Microsoft Visual Studio is a programming environment created and distributed by the Microsoft. MSV allows you to create applications with either VC++, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET or C#.

3.Last time I used Irrlicht I had to copy the Irrlicht.dll to the output directory or else the application wouldn't start. Don't know if the issue still exist, but I think it's better to take this precaution.
Mr-Muskrat

Post by Mr-Muskrat »

That was wrealy helpluff!

Thakyou alot! :D
Muskrat is beutifull mammal!