SkyBox with generated pictures

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Nachtwind

SkyBox with generated pictures

Post by Nachtwind »

Excuse the next newbie question please. Is it possible to define a skybox with pictures that are generated in runtime without saving them first?
Quite obviously, our problems do not come from what we invent, but from how we use our sophisticated toys. The difficulties stem not from our hardware or software, but from ourselves.
DeusXL

Post by DeusXL »

By modifying ITexture.cpp in Irrlicht.NET you can lock the textures and modify directly the pixels... I wrote several methods but running very slow...
Even if I'm sure that it would be easier if you save the picture before.
Irrlicht .NET complete and Cross Platform Wrapper
The kid on my avatar wrote:A painless lesson is one without any meaning
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Make a new sky box with the different texture! Make an itexture and set the new texture to it! Then make a new sky box modifying the side of the sky box you want to modify! Or if you want a render to texture! Then create a render to texture and use it on the side of the sky box you wanna use it on!
Nachtwind

Post by Nachtwind »

uffz, both seems quite - hard to do. But i think i will simply save some temporary files. this wont be the fastest way, but it doesnt matter for it only has to be done while the scene is loading anyway. thank you :0)
Quite obviously, our problems do not come from what we invent, but from how we use our sophisticated toys. The difficulties stem not from our hardware or software, but from ourselves.