Claymod public beta now available

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
WhiteNoise

Claymod public beta now available

Post by WhiteNoise »

See my blog for details and download:

http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/blog/
sRc

Post by sRc »

the buttons dont line up right... i can go to push "Smooth" and it'll push "Push" instead... :?
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
evo

Post by evo »

Look I made a mushroom :wink:
Very nice and intuitive program. Thanks for including an undo feature

Image[/img]
WhiteNoise

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice work! ;)
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

this is fun! being artisticly challenged, I think i'd struggle to make something from scratch.. so I turned your demo-head into a boxer instead :lol:
some quirks to report.. when painting, and the brush is under a certain size it misses some vertexes (when you paint over the centre of a triangle and not a vertex?). also, when i load an obj file in, it appears bright white until i touch it with any tool, then it goes very dark and i can't change the colours.
I love the tool, very easy to use.. with more practice maybe i'll make something :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

mhh.. ho much polys can it take??
(independent from this: great work... I´ll try it now^^)
TGM
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

WOAO genius work!! :shock: I realy love it. I like it much more than Zbrush...
a few sugestions for usefull featurs:
wirefame view
Flatshaded Wireframe
a previebox for the brushcolor
(dunno if its allready done, don have a obj here at this PC) an obj loader,
and an obj exporter
and if you realy want to make it commerziel one time, you should make it possible to youse bw imags for brushe intensety... maybre fallof etc..

but i would defently buy this tool for up to 50$ I think..

Once more impressive, especialy, thats uimposible to push a tri through another!!
TGM
WhiteNoise

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool, glad you guys are enjoying it. Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't really hit a limit on how many triangles it can do, but I think the most I've done is around 250,000 triangles. It should be able to handle up to 2 billion theoretically (limited by your memory of course).

It is possible to push triangles through each other but in most cases it doesn't happen. Using the inflate brush you can make it happen (same thing happens in Z-Brush though). The smooth brush can heal things once it gets messed up though..

-Dave
evo

Post by evo »

Some more features:

A symmetric modeling function would be nice. When making a face for instance, every change you make one one side of the face is immediately duplicated on the other side. You would need to define a 3d-plane for this to work.
Maybe you can allow an arbitrary number of symmetry planes to be defined.

A color-picker (from the model) might also be useful.
WhiteNoise

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, I think those will be the next features that I implement. I also wanted to add some kind of 'texture' brushes where you can load an image and use it as a brush.
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Nice stuff WhiteNoise. Your tool can be a weapon in hands of artist, when all features will be released.
I just tried it and got just one questions:
Because you give example with human face and Irrlicht does not supports normal mapping for animated meshes :? maybe you have any issue for this problem?
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
chromdragon

Post by chromdragon »

Pretty cool! Congratulation.
WhiteNoise

Post by WhiteNoise »

etcaptor: No, I haven't solved that yet. Hopefully someone will add support for some mesh formats/scene nodes that support bones and tangents. I think this is a really important feature. For now, you can use the tool to make static objects. I also can add a feature to 'bake' the lighting into the diffuse texture, then you can use it in irrlicht without normal mapping.

Chromdragon: thanks, I will add your color picker in the next version. ;)
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Thanks for reply,
I just made some tests with normal mapping and not animated .x models and found that when normal/paralax/ map is used engine stops supporting of smoth and character looks badly then with using of diffuse mapping. In this case will avoid using of normal map for charecters.
I also can add a feature to 'bake' the lighting into the diffuse texture, then you can use it in irrlicht without normal mapping.
This method sounds like issue for these problems. I will waiting for some screenshots.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

etcaptor wrote:I just made some tests with normal mapping and not animated .x models and found that when normal/paralax/ map is used engine stops supporting of smoth and character looks badly then with using of diffuse mapping. In this case will avoid using of normal map for charecters.
This is a known issue. The normals are recalculated along with the tangents such that smoothed normals are lost. Unfortunately no one found a final working solution, yet. Or better, no one implemented one, yet.