Rendering the bounding box

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
hardgeus

Rendering the bounding box

Post by hardgeus »

I'm setting up a basic collision response animator for my Cal3D node using:

Code: Select all

anim = smgr->createCollisionResponseAnimator(metaselector, player_node, extent, core::vector3df(0,-1,0), core::vector3df(0,0,0));
        player_node->addAnimator(anim);

The extent variable is coming from the bounding box returned by Klasker's Cal3D scene node...I'm getting some funny results that I didn't get when I was using an animatedmeshscenenode created from an MD2...I suspect the problem is that his scene node isn't taking into account the node's rotation or scaling, but I'm not sure. To be sure I wanted to render the bounding box...Is there any way to quickly and easily render the extents being used by a collision response animator? I am wary of manually rendering out the box myself, as I may make mistakes, I'd like to see a rendered box of EXACTLY what the animator is using for its collision tests.
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

hmm i think you should try a bool flag called something like Debugdata visible...
hardgeus

Post by hardgeus »

TheGameMaker wrote:hmm i think you should try a bool flag called something like Debugdata visible...
Hmm...setting the debugdata visible on the node shows the AAB for the object, but that isn't what the animator is using for movement...it's using the extent that I passed it...