Problem with 3D Model loading

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
andoba

Problem with 3D Model loading

Post by andoba »

Hi,

I'm new to the Irrlicht 3D engine and I have a problem, I have done a map for my game using 3ds max8, exported to WaveForm ".obj" file format, and loaded the mesh, but the problem is, the mesh doesn't show. Maybe is caused because the 3D mesh is incorrect size, or the camera is in a incorrect position.

Thanks a lot.
hardgeus

Post by hardgeus »

Your problem could be one of many different things...a whole level is probably not a good starting point. What you should do is start with the basic hello world example, and then replace the .md2 model it uses with your simple (small!) model. Just go ahead and slap on the texture that is used in the hello world example, as you already know that one works ;)
andoba

Post by andoba »

Now works, the problem was that the format wasn't compatible. Now I'm using MY3D.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

There's a patch available to fix several issues with obj format, moreover it adds support for .mtl files. Maybe this can help.