Collision Help ! ! !

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Ray_X_Zero

Collision Help ! ! !

Post by Ray_X_Zero »

Can someone here help how to implement collision detection. Irrrlicht collision example included on the engine is to advance.
For example two moving CUBE reversing direction when colliding each other.
Mostly i'm only using .X Model for static and animated mesh, I don't often use OCTREESCENE node.
juantar

Post by juantar »

Try the ODE or the Newton tutorials in the tutorials page.
--------------------------------------------------------
juantar
tarpri.com
Ray_X_Zero

Post by Ray_X_Zero »

How can I implement simple mesh to mesh collsison detection without using physics.
Valtras

Post by Valtras »

Huh... there is way:
Create triangle selector for each node. you have box1 and box2, selector1 and selector2 and levelselector. selector1 have levelselector and box2selector. selector2 have levelselector too and box1selector. More nodes - more selectors creating - less performance. Its highly recomened to use physics engine instead of irrlicht detection.

ps. why irrlicht developers create their collision? Its useless, and every serious project will use normal physics engine... waste of time, guys :]
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

sure, its limited as you can't just throw hundreds of collidable nodes into a scene and expect irrlicht to deal with it, but would you really want to convert all your meshes and include a full physics engine just to be able to click on something or walk around a map?
its not useless, just not as useful as a full featured physics engine. for example this uses a lot of irrlicht collision, it just does it carefully.. edit: ok bad example, but thats a lot of bullets ;)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room