ITextSceneNode Issues Produces Darkened Screen.

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Zeuss

ITextSceneNode Issues Produces Darkened Screen.

Post by Zeuss »

Its easier to screenshot my issue than explain. I'm using Irrlicht 1.0 (1.1 has giving me offet models and stuff, will upgrade later)

Scene without the ITextSceneNode:

Scene with the ITextSceneNode:

Example Code I have tried with no success:

Code: Select all

m_PlayerText = CGame::Instance()->smgr->addTextSceneNode( CGame::Instance()->GetFont(), ms_PlayerName, video::SColor(0, 0, 255, 0 ) );

m_PlayerText = CGame::Instance()->smgr->addTextSceneNode( CGame::Instance()->GetFont(), ms_PlayerName, video::SColor(255, 0, 255, 0 ) );

m_PlayerText = CGame::Instance()->smgr->addTextSceneNode( CGame::Instance()->GetFont(), ms_PlayerName, video::SColor(0, 0, 255, 0 ) );
m_PlayerText->setMaterialFlag(EMF_LIGHTING, false );

m_PlayerText = CGame::Instance()->smgr->addTextSceneNode( CGame::Instance()->GetFont(), ms_PlayerName, video::SColor(255, 0, 255, 0 ) );
m_PlayerText->setMaterialFlag(EMF_LIGHTING, false );

With varying fonts to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
Help make Irrlicht even Better! Create and submit your own Irrlicht Extension
Want a Games Education? Try The Academy of Interactive Entertainment
Zeuss

Post by Zeuss »

whenever I seem to ask a question rarely get answers :P

nevermind, I fixed it myself, this morning. Simple really, shadow issue. I just turned off shadow color and it was fixed.

smgr->setShadowColor(video::SColor( 0,0,0,0 ) );
Help make Irrlicht even Better! Create and submit your own Irrlicht Extension
Want a Games Education? Try The Academy of Interactive Entertainment
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

Well, the image links do not seem to work - so I cannot see the problem let alone reply to fix it.

--EK
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

However, this means that you have a shadow node completely over your camera, so remove it. There is definitely no place where this color is used except for drawing shadow nodes.
Mikenoworth

Post by Mikenoworth »

Zuess, it takes time. I'd rather wait two days and get one good answer than wait half an hour and get (off the top of my head) "what?".

But ya, shadows - those buggers. I wish I knew more about stencil buffer shadows in ogl/dx to work on irrlichts shadow issues and to implement shadow filters. *sigh*
Stout Beer