Newton gravity has no effect

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
pricj004

Newton gravity has no effect

Post by pricj004 »

I implemented Newton as per the tutorial - I have a terrain and a sydney model with the sydney model starting up in the air.

I've turned on debugging, and the terrain mesh and the ellipsoid around sydney both appear fine.

However, nothing happens. She doesn't fall to the ground like she should. I've implemented it *exactly* as in the tutorial - applied the setForceAndTorque etc.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's driving me crazy. I searched and found a reference to someone asking the same question in another topic, but he didn't get a reply.

I have another problem, which I only mention because it may be related and might help solve my first problem. When I move sydney, she moves outside her newton ellipsoid mesh. She can move around freely but her mesh stays where it is.

Any ideas?
pricj004

Post by pricj004 »

Fixed. Turns out Newton 'freezes' bodies outside the Newton World. To fix this, change the size of the Newton world or manually override the freezing.