Irrlicht 1.1 - Help

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
tsghost

Irrlicht 1.1 - Help

Post by tsghost »

Does the GCC build included support for DX8/DX9?
I'm trying to upgrade my prog with the new irrlicht in hopes that the pre-compiled ver. of the DLL functions correctly.

I started programming my game around IRRlicht 1.0, have read the changes.txt, I looked everything over, changed the reflection on my waternode to "3"
(which is the only reflective surface in my game so far)

(using irr::, ...video::, ...core:: and all that are declared at the top of my prog)
The program seems to halt when I load meshes using
" IAnimatedMeshSceneNode* nodename = smgr->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode (smgr->getMesh("models/nodename.ms3d"));"
(then what i've been doing is wrapping everything in an "if (nodename) {position/scale/material stuff here}" statement)

I cannot get the DLL to work with my game. I looked for a thread to help me problem solve but got lost easily.

was there a change I might have missed?

---------------------------
[No flame mail, please]
A:) I have no Idea, I'm new here.
Xandar

Post by Xandar »

I think no. You must recompile engine to include support for DirectX.
tsghost

Post by tsghost »

still? ok
Have mega trouble doing that though, I tried for a week to get code::blocks to do it... but there allways seemed to be an error somewhere that would halt the compile.

I switched back to the 1.0 GCC build of the dll and it loads fine...
if someone finds a tidbit that might help me convert my prog to the updated dll that would be awsome... still no DX though :(

I'm new to programming. My primary facilitation is art, I have to learn how to use Irrlicht in order to create the game I want.

I'm thinking my prog crashes with the new dll because of the way it handles the textures/materials.
A:) I have no Idea, I'm new here.