error when executing hello world (DEV-C++ compiled)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
lenx

error when executing hello world (DEV-C++ compiled)

Post by lenx »

Hi there,
I followed the dev-c++ tutorial here http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut001b.html and i could compile the whole hello universe thing without any error. Althoug when executing the .exe i get the following error box popping up:

"The procedure entry point _ZN3irr12createDeviceENS_5video13E_DRIVER_TYPEERKNS_4core11dimension2dIiEEjbbbPNS_14IEventRecieverEPKc could not be located in the dynamic link library Irrlicht.dll."

I did not set any path variable or something, but i did put the Irrlicht.dll file in the windows/system32 folder and I also put it in the same folder as the .exe file. Am i doing smth wrong here? Im kinda desperate after fidling with code for hours and having accomplished nothing yet :(
Thanks for all help!
benny53

Post by benny53 »

your using the wrong dll I'm assuming. When I got that,I removed all my irrlicht versions cuz I was stupid enough to download two versions,I then installed it again,set the linker and includes,and then you can use it. Or,you could also look for the dev cpp devpak.
lenx

Post by lenx »

that could have been a reason since i still had 1.0 installed somewhere, however it didnt work after deleting.

Anyway, you guided me to the solution with this post! Appearantly i was stupid enough to use the win32 dll file instead of the gcc file. I just replaced the Irllicht.dll file with the correct one and now it works :) Thanks a lot!