Help about creating a world with Irrlicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Inquisitor

Help about creating a world with Irrlicht

Post by Inquisitor »

I'm french, and I like to make the Irrlicht user's community more important. That's why I'd like to create a sort of 'book' in french for all the french users where will be a lot of tips and explainations. So please, if you've got some time, I 'll have some questions to ask... Thank you
All I know is that I don't know anything
Inquisitor

Post by Inquisitor »

Well, my first question is : With which programm can I create a map (in order to create a world) with mountains, valleys, water, desert, etc ? And use it with Irrlicht ? What type of extension have I got to use (ex : .max ) ?
Thanks for your futur answers .
Armen138

Post by Armen138 »

i use gtkradiant to create maps
bappy

Post by bappy »

when x file will work....will use x file

:!: french too :!:
-----------------------------
Sans danger, pas de gloire...
http;//bappy.free.fr
-----------------------------
Inquisitor

Post by Inquisitor »

Thanks, I will try to get some HowTos for gtkradiant, and test that.
Inquisitor

Post by Inquisitor »

Now, I'd like to know how to create a mesh with 3dsmax , and how to have a FPS view with an arm and a gun with that type of mesh (or one mesh for gun and one for the body).
I hope my question is understandable, cause I'm not so good in english.

French traduction :
Comment puis-je créer des mesh sous 3dsmax et comment programmer un main.cpp pour avoir une vue de type FPS avec une arme et un bras (qui peuvent être deux mesh séparés...) ?

Thanks for everybody who will answers my question, and for everybody that understand how sad I feel..

Merci à tous ceux qui répondront et aussi à ceux qui comprennent ma tristesse face à ce problème
wittm

Post by wittm »

You can also use the Quake 3 Level editor for creating maps with Irrlicht, especially if the alternative is a .x file, they dont read well in Irrlicht.
Every idea, thought and concept ever discussed has traveled across space and time to become reality. For every scary story, fairy tale, deed done or wish you had done - has been transformed into a living, breathing entity. Would this be nirvana or hell?