Irrlicht suggestions

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
dbugger

Mouseprecision

Post by dbugger »

Hi! I've noticed some precision errors when rotating a camera with the mouse. If I move the mouse very slowly it's most obvious. I haven't looked at the source yet, I will do that tonight and try to find a fix. One more thing: quaternions would be nice... :D
Thanks / David
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

...make a function that'll let you add an event when two objects collide.

setCollideFunction(ISceneNode* moo1, ISceneNode* moo2, WHATFUNCTION TO CALL WHEN THEY COLLIDE);

Or something similar... :roll:
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Re: Mouseprecision

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

dbugger wrote:Hi! I've noticed some precision errors when rotating a camera with the mouse. If I move the mouse very slowly it's most obvious. I haven't looked at the source yet, I will do that tonight and try to find a fix. One more thing: quaternions would be nice... :D
You want smoother mouse movement, if you're using the FPS camera then go into the CCameraFPSSceneNode.cpp and at approximately lines 156-157 (I'm using modified engine code so that might be off a little) you'll see this:

Code: Select all

if (cursorpos.X < 0.49f || cursorpos.X > 0.51f || 
cursorpos.Y < 0.49f || cursorpos.Y > 0.51f)
You can make it a lot more precise by changing both of the .49f to .4999f and both of the .51f to .5001f. Thats the settings I use and it's smooth like butta...
puh

Post by puh »

[dx/x]=HUNT3R: could you please post your compiled Irrlicht.dll here? I can't recompile engine, it's too hard for my poor expirience... :)
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

I'm on my way to school right now and I don't have time, PM me your email and I'll email it to you later this afternoon when I get home.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I also have problems compiling the engine, I cannot get around it though eventually I need to add some stuff specific to my project so it's a pain in the arse. I won't bore you all with the compiler errors ( there's 28 of em anyway ) but they are all pretty much the same just on different lines. They all start with:

unresolved external symbol

I've got the DX9SDK linked up, although to me it still looks like a compiler error rather than the code ( it wouldn't compile with no changes anyway ). My compiler is Visual C++ 6.0 with SP5. Anyone know any issues with this?
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

There are files missing from the project in the v0.4 source. You can find them in the error messages and manually add them to the project where they are supposed to be. But I'm using the newer 0.4.1 source and there were no problems compiling it at all, for me at least. I'm also using VC++6 with SP5 and the DX9 SDK. (You need to setup the include and lib folder paths for the DX9 SDK in your tools, options, directories tab, but do not put any DX9 .libs under the project settings, link tab)

Re: Mouseprecision

Post by Guest »

[dx/x]=HUNT3R wrote:You can make it a lot more precise by changing both of the .49f to .4999f and both of the .51f to .5001f. Thats the settings I use and it's smooth like butta...
Can't you just have

cursorpos.X != 0.5f || cursorpos.Y != 0.5f
Mercior

Post by Mercior »

* a void * in ISceneNode

Personally I would find a void * in ISceneNode a lot more useful than the node ID for handling events.