Anteron Online

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
monkeycracks

Anteron Online

Post by monkeycracks »

Resources:
-Irrlicht for Graphics (duh :P)
-IrrNet for Networking
-IrrKlang for Sounds.

Current Features:
-MySQL database for login information. Soon it will include other saved information unless I decide to make serverside files containing that.
-Stable client-server using IrrNet. Makes sure the client is actually connected before loading the player and scenes.
-About half of an untextured city and a red ninja representing the player.

Working On:
GUI features and first city

Info :
Anteron-Online will be an online fantasy role-playing game based in the vast world of Anteron. More information will be released later.

Current Team:
-Zack - Me, Project Leader and Programmer
-Greg - Majicman, 3D modeler for static meshes
-Pete - Pede/Pete, 2D Artist and Concept Artist
-Nick - Alk, Concept Artist and he gives a lot of ideas =p

Needed:
-3d Modelers that can do humanoids and animals/fantasy creatures.
-2d Artists that can do GUI, icons, and even textures if you want.

Plot :
Basically the world of Anteron is split up into territories. Factions will compete for these territories and control them. There are some neutral territories for the non-pvp-liking players. There's not been much detail into this as we're not that far into development and don't need to rush things.

Comments, questions, and all general feedback would be nice.
Last edited by monkeycracks on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

Good luck! :) I'm looking forward to see some screenshots. ;)

Regards - Xaron
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Thanks for the luck, probably going to need it heh.
We're working very hard to get something up that won't make your eyes bleed when you see it :P
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Ok, well since you were wanting a screenshot I guess I'll go ahead and give one. But note that we now have a new action bar and we cant find anyone who can rig models =p

This is going to be the starting place where you learn the basics and such. This is without the buildings and people added in of course.
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

:) Don't be worry. Not having a 3d modeller is not a problem in the beginning. Just go ahead with programming and you'll find one. ;)

Regards - Xaron
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdfsftg6.jpg

I lost the forum link ;)

I decided to code my own Hillplanemesh editor sort of thing and it went well. Theres a screeny of it and some of the graphics will be like that in Anteron-Online. rather than the old one I showed.

Looks a bit better in my opinion and I might release the editor and more screenies soon ;)

Of course though, Anteron will be third person rather than this first person camera.

EDIT : Also the site looks better now, thanks to Jhon :D
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

Nice to hear that the things are going on. :)

Have you already decided which sound, network and physics engine do you want to use?

I use FMod for sound but want to give irrKlang a try, RakNet for network and Newton for physics. Actually I don't know if you even need a physics engine. ;)

Regards - Xaron
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

The triangle selectors are fast enough so I don't need a physics engine really. I use RakNet for networking, IrrKlang for sound, and of course Irrlicht for graphics 8) .

I haven't done much progress with sound yet but I'll work on that as soon as I get the first area semi-functional.

also having a few problems with the hilleditor, posted in the forums about that already though.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Made a few changes :

AnteronEdit will be in a Windows window now rather than full Irrlicht, so it'll have nicer load/save functions...I hope ;)

Anteron production stopped completely due to not having a modeler who can rig models, so we're stuck there and will pick back up as soon as possible.

AnteronEdit only has a few more GUI Events to complete to be in beta version. Seriously thinking I may release it here for ya. It's a HillEditor as I've said before.

Also updated the first post.
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

monkeycracks wrote: Anteron production stopped completely due to not having a modeler who can rig models, so we're stuck there and will pick back up as soon as possible.
Hmm... you could just use some free models you can find in the web. I did it also. It's not important in the beginning to have a 3d modeller. ;) Development should going on independent from the models. If you have a first version running, you get your 3d modellers as well.

Regards - Xaron
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

This is an old old thread but we've begun working on it again. Read the first post for more info...

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=18006

We are having a problem there though..
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Work still being continued, main post updated and screenshot uploaded. Feedback is good.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Updated the main post with more information. But here I'm giving what we're using for this project..

Irrlicht for graphics, just because Irrlicht rocks more than any other engine I've used ;)

IrrNet for networking. RakNet has a commercial liscence cost and it's not very easy to use. IrrNet is pretty simple and effective.

IrrKlang for sounds. We haven't really gotten into the sounds much but IrrKlang sounds like a pretty worthy candidate.

IPhysics? In the event we need physics, we'll use IPhysics to do it

I know I'm pretty much bumping my own thread here, but if anyone finds this interesting at all... woot I guess :P
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Another post that only I will ever read:

Login system now working cross-internet thanks to BlindSide for irrNet and some help. Account Creation in progress and will be completed sometime in the next few days. Afterwards I'll work on more areas for some screenshots for ya.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Thanks Pete/Pede for the world map, I uploaded the front page to contain it.