irrKlang

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
swatter555

irrKlang

Post by swatter555 »

I wanted to give irrKlang a look and I noticed it was created in VC 7.0. When I attempt to compile it in VC 8.0 I get the following error:

1>c:\irrklang\include\ISound.h(63) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

This happens at virtual isFinished()=0

Im assuming this means that until the author of irrKlang releases the source files, I cannot use irrKlang? Im just assuming its a VC compatibility problem??
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Yes, the VC8 compiler is more strict, and does not accept int as a default return value for a function.

You should be able to recompile by modifying that line in the .h file to

Code: Select all

virtual int isFinished()=0;
swatter555

Post by swatter555 »

Won't I need the source files if I want to recompile? The source files are not included.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

No, not in this instance, you don't need to recompile. The compiler used to create the binaries assumed the return value was an int.

You just need to specify the return value explicity with VS8. Modifying the header file will work for this case.
swatter555

Post by swatter555 »

Thanks Spintz, your the bomb.