TechDemo problems Debug version works but not release

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Rat

TechDemo problems Debug version works but not release

Post by Rat »

As the title implies the Debug version of the TechDemo works, but the Release version bails and an error comes up that Techdemo has caused errors and will close.

I have tried it straight out of the box with the new release of Irrlicht and it used to work in version 0.5

Anyone else having this problem?

Also I seem to be having funny errors if I run a example with Visual Studio running, and dont recall this with version 0.5
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

And the precompiled version of the demo does not work either?

Post by Guest »

hmm... It didnt, but I also extracted the precompiled Irrlicht.dll release out of the downloaded archive and it worked. For some odd reason recompiling the dll, which I didnt touch the source, is not working.

Now with a little digging to find out what may have caused the problem, this is what I found out:
when I first found out about the Irrlicht source, I downloaded version 0.5 and installed it on my system. When you released version 0.6 I downloaded it and installed over the top of version 0.5, so I am thinking that something somewhere got mixed up.

What I did to fix it:
I simply make backups of my edited code, deleted the old folder and extracted version 0.6 fresh. Then I just cut and pasted the lines of edited parts, recompiled the Irrlicht dll and other stuff I had done and it works. So my advice would be to do as I did to anyone that may be experiencing similar problems, always install clean!
Rat

Post by Rat »

I guess I forgot I have cookies and scripting disabled and needed to log back in. That was lil ol me as guest above with the post :oops: