Compile for a MAC on a PC

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
rlwoodjr

Compile for a MAC on a PC

Post by rlwoodjr »

Does anyone know if it is possible to compile for a Mac on a PC using Visual C++?

I have a friend who want a game for a MAC, but all I have is a PC
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

It is possible to install MacOSX (a modified and rather non-legal version) under VMWare on your PC, providing you have the correct hardware.
My hardware is incompatible though, so it didn't work for me :(
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
Amen-Moses

Re: Compile for a MAC on a PC

Post by Amen-Moses »

rlwoodjr wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to compile for a Mac on a PC using Visual C++?

What do you want to compile? I develop on a Mac.

Amen-Moses
rlwoodjr

Post by rlwoodjr »

Amen-Moses wrote:
rlwoodjr wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to compile for a Mac on a PC using Visual C++?

What do you want to compile? I develop on a Mac.

Amen-Moses
I am new to C++, most of my coding as a design engineer is in Visual Basic for application using Excel. I have a friend that is wanting to make a program where you can drive a tractor (a John Deere) in a virtual world. I have always enjoyed programming and thought this would improve my C++ skills. Honestly I am in over my head at the moment but I am starting to get some of the C++ syntax.

Is there a free compiler for a Mac that I can run on my friends MAC once I write the code?
Amen-Moses

Post by Amen-Moses »

[quote="rlwoodjr]

Is there a free compiler for a Mac that I can run on my friends MAC once I write the code?[/quote]

Assuming your friend's Mac is newish, i.e running OS X 3 or greater, then XCode which comes on the installer disks is the thing to use.

I followed this tutorial to get Irrlicht running on my Mac and it seemed pretty straighforward:
http://ruthless.zathras.de/facts/apps/p ... on-mac.php

Cheers,
Chris
rlwoodjr

Thanks

Post by rlwoodjr »

Thanks, I have sent the link to my friend.