Myhtorgia

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

well, movie isn't coming... sudden I lost all of my modellers, so moddeling will be slowing down.

Good news is that the first sample for the dialog struct ready is. You can click a NPC and get the correct text and reply's with them. What will come soon are selecting mission and such things. because you can talk with them but nothing happens now :P so, thats our first job.
dloomis

Post by dloomis »

Yeah it's tough to keep a team together. You should find one other person yu really trust and can keep motivated.
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

Yeh, I was already trying that, but thanx
dloomis

Post by dloomis »

Well, I was only commiserating with you, since the same thing has happened to me several times. : ) (Only I am an artist and lose coders)
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

our level loader is advancing with speed, we can now define material layers to them, for example paralax , transparant material and normal maps.

We can also load meshes, lights and animations. we're busy with some AI development but its not very on the tracks.
trooper

Post by trooper »

GOOD LUCK !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
fyrye

Post by fyrye »

Very impressive with staying on the project.
Some issues I see in later development for your project I figure would note here.
Depending on the mass of players you plan on having MSQL would be a security risk when using ODBC. Simple scripts to query your server to hack into the database and take out information or even corrupt your database can be looked up just by going to MSDN. In order to impliment a HIGHER security you would need to have your servers spread out. EG
Log-In Server, Game Server, Database Server.
Logging In would be a high security feature using encryption which would grant access to the game server, as well ONLY hold information about user login and password even email and current billing status.
Once all criteria is met the client sets a session state to allow it access to the game server, the game server IP being hidden due to the login server proxy and would then have direct access to the MSQL or database server HIDDING the IP address from the client completely from those using NET STAT or other port sniffers.
Keep in mind a password is NOT enough to stop devoted people from getting in.
A different work around would be to hold player information using XML data on the game server, so only the game server would have access to it and the security can go as deep as you would like it.
Sorry for the long post, been a website developer for about 6 years now and have seen many similar ideas get destroyed due to database hacking in which they resulted in closing their doors.
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

ah yes many say that, we already have client > server > databse server working. The querrys are checked, only values are dynamic not querys and have a static length,

We have now some problems with shooting, the error it gives says Bulletdat corrupted, but everything is fine and filed with the correct values...
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

Finaly, we have almost finished a new system to capture points in the world. You stand near a flag to capture it. Only guilds can do it and some time farther in game you can hire 24/7 defense guards.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Looking very good!

Glancing back at the very first few posts it's amazing how people went from 'bah it'll never happen' to 'yay, it'll happen'.

Good luck ;)
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

ok i made a simple preview trailer, in some weeks there will be a better one online.

http://mythorgia.4vandorp.eu/img/media/ ... 2-2006.mpg
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

* We have added the item menu and shorcut menu. The player can chose health and mana potions, teleporters and some more,
* Falling damage is added,
* Jumping added,
* Running optimizted,
* Capture point fixes,
* World editor redesigned,
* netwerk data transaction optimizted,

We have some problems with physics (irrlichts)
1. Jumping
2. The player can walk on walls/ground with angles larger than 70 degrees, only vertical walls can't be walked.
Halan

Post by Halan »

its becoming quite professional

but i wouldnt use irrlicht collision detection if i where you but instead an external libary which has more speed and also better algorithms or even some kind of simple physics there must be some physic libary around that is suitable for mmos ;)

greets,
halan
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

Yes, using an other physics libary would be nice for the speed. I hope someone knows a very simple collosion detection libary, because we onlye need simple physics and not hings, bouncing meshes etc,

I'm searching for an AI programmer, we're not in the need for super AI bots, they have to follow a player and attack.

The modding team has degraded to 2, me and an other moddeler :cry: so i hope i will find some new help soon...

Good news is that we have upgraded the server speed and the items on the ground structure will be finishd soon.
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

thanks for setting my project in the news topic :shock:

Updates
* Falling damage is optimized,
* Jumping optimized,
* Added new menu structure
* Added new event structure
* Added new magic system ( display of it )
* Framework / skeleton of the main classes redesigned !! :roll:
* Network optimized

Last week we have redesigned the whole core of the game to get more preformace and easyer script to code. we now have 1 object wich can do everything and has every engine included. Changing to other engines is now also much easyer ( maybe later for the network or physics) .