What the heck?

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Anteater

What the heck?

Post by Anteater »

I've add no lights to my scene, yet any animated mesh scene nodes are full bright, as if the EMF_LIGHTING flag was off (it isn't), and their shadows don't draw. I'd like to have nicely lit characters, not ones that glow in the dark.

I'm using a lightmapped DMF level, if that makes any difference.
TheC

Post by TheC »

Have you set driver->setAmbientLight ?
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

No.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

what driver, what other materials are you using, are you using irrlicht svn or 1.1, how did you create your mesh, do your meshes look okay without the DMF, if not, can we have a link to it?
I guess you're feeling frustrated, but "what the heck" doesnt describe your problem at all
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
sio2
Competition winner

Re: What the heck?

Post by sio2 »

Anteater wrote:I've add no lights to my scene, yet any animated mesh scene nodes are full bright, as if the EMF_LIGHTING flag was off (it isn't), and their shadows don't draw. I'd like to have nicely lit characters, not ones that glow in the dark.

I'm using a lightmapped DMF level, if that makes any difference.
Have I missed something? If you have no light entities, how can your animated meshes be lit?
Luke
Admin

Post by Luke »

Try setting EmissiveColor to 0, some of the mesh loaders set it higher.

And maybe set driver->setAmbientLight to 0 too
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

Yeah, I ttried adding setAmbientLight(SColor(0,0,0,0)); and that fixed it. For some reason, It was all 255 by default.