Irrlicht 1.2 released

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
bitplane
Admin

Irrlicht 1.2 released

Post by bitplane »

As you can see from the main page, Niko has just released Irrlicht 1.2 :)
Thanks to all the svn users who provided patches, bug reports, fixes, test cases and general feedback.. you know who you are :)
If there's any really serious bugs we've missed, please report them asap and we'll see about getting a 1.2.1 release together :D
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
jrm

Post by jrm »

Downloading it right now! Hope to be able to test it today, or tomorrow!

Thanks for the great Lib!

JRM
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

AWESOME!!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
noreg

Post by noreg »

Awesome, right.But this is not school and no, you don't have to write it fifty times to prove it.
An even version number in the opensource community means a stable, mainly bugfixed release. Downloading right now, testing during the weekend. Changelog sounds promising. Thanks Niko and contributors.
Kamazy

Post by Kamazy »

Questoin: irrKlang doesn't work with dev-cpp? :(

[edit]

Yup only win-32 lib. XD
Cheerz! I'm new don't shoot! Image
stodge

Post by stodge »

OpenGL on Linux is still very slow - 235fps for the terrain demo. I'll see if I can profile it if I have the time.
What does the debugger tell you? You did use the debugger, didn't you?
DeusXL

Post by DeusXL »

That's great but I'm affraid the 1.2.1 is going to be necessary, because as I can see, multi texture still does not work with GLSL, and the Smooth flag is enabled (whereas it seems to be unstable).

PS : Is it just a compiled version of the SVN or was something more added ?
Irrlicht .NET complete and Cross Platform Wrapper
The kid on my avatar wrote:A painless lesson is one without any meaning
Lynxeye

Post by Lynxeye »

I downloaded it and recompile my game with the new version. Positive: the modelloader for .x and .b3d work like it should. But it seems that any setting of ambient light is ignored. I cant get it to work. Does anybody have any ideas?
Last edited by Lynxeye on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

There is a global ambient light switch now, check the changes.txt and API.
Lynxeye

Post by Lynxeye »

The changes.txt says there is an ambient light set method in the scene manager called setAmbientLight, but I cant find it there!
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

noreg wrote:An even version number in the opensource community means a stable, mainly bugfixed release.
Does it really? If you see anyone from that community, tell them I said hi, and they owe me a cup of sugar.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Lynxeye wrote:The changes.txt says there is an ambient light set method in the scene manager called setAmbientLight, but I cant find it there!
Hm, you are right, somehow it disappeared from the ISceneManager interface again. It's in the CSceneManager implementation, but slipped away before the release again. Sorry. :) As workaround - if you don't want to add the method to the interface and recompile the engine - you can use the ISceneNode::deserializeAttributes() method from the Root scene node to set the ambient light.
Lynxeye

Post by Lynxeye »

Can you give a little Code Snipped how to set the ambient light through the deserializeAttributes method?

I have no experience with this things. Would be very nice of you!
vitek
Bug Slayer

Post by vitek »

This is an ugly hack, but it _should_ work.

Code: Select all

void ISceneManager_setAmbientLight(scene::ISceneManager* smgr, IFileSystem* files, video::SColor color)
{
  io::IAttributes* a = files->createEmptyAttributes();

// get the current attributes
  scene::ISceneNode* self = smgr->getRootSceneNode();

self->serializeAttributes(a);

// set the color attribute
  a->setAttribute("AmbientLight", color);

self->deserializeAttributes(a);

// destroy attributes
  a->drop();
}
spike314

Post by spike314 »

vitek wrote:This is an ugly hack, but it _should_ work.

Code: Select all

void ISceneManager_setAmbientLight(scene::ISceneManager* smgr, IFileSystem* files, video::SColor color)
{
  io::IAttributes* a = files->createEmptyAttributes();

// get the current attributes
  scene::ISceneNode* self = smgr->getRootSceneNode();

self->serializeAttributes(a);

// set the color attribute
  a->setAttribute("AmbientLight", color);

self->deserializeAttributes(a);

// destroy attributes
  a->drop();
}
What do i put for IFileSystem* files?
You can have all the power in the world but if you have no one to follow you what good is the power?