2D in C#

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Jaquio

2D in C#

Post by Jaquio »

Hello,

I am new to these forums and I am looking for help using this engine with C#. I have seen the demo of the 2D but it doesn't seem to open on Visual C# 2005, how would I got about making it so I can use it?
Jaquio

Post by Jaquio »

Could someone just make a C# example for 2D graphics? Because like I said before the example that came with it I cannot compile it under Visual C# 2005 Express.
Grigor The Ox

Post by Grigor The Ox »

The example in the example.NET folder for Irllicht 1.2 works fine but you have to change this line...

Code: Select all

[C#]
string path = string.Empty;
...to the location of the irrlicht media folder. For example:

[C#]
string path = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\PC\\Desktop\\irrlicht-1.2\\media\\";
I don't know why i have to use double slashes but it works. Also this directory might not work for you so just check where your media file is and right click for properties and its in the general tab. This is for Windows BTW. One last thing make sure you put the slashes at the end of media or it will not get the images.

-The Ox Man
Hurley451

Post by Hurley451 »

Backslashes are interpreted as escape characters, such as \n for newline. In order to store an actual blackslash in a string you can either escape it (use double) or the following:

string StringMe = @"\path\pathSub\HereItIs";
Grigor The Ox

Post by Grigor The Ox »

Backslashes are interpreted as escape characters, such as \n for newline. In order to store an actual blackslash in a string you can either escape it (use double) or the following:
Yeah I figured that out last night. My mistake.