Physics User Kit - initial source release

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
ChrisC

Physics User Kit - initial source release

Post by ChrisC »

http://www.chris-camacho.com/tmp/puk.tar.gz

This represents *very* early development, there's a lot still to do! and its very much work in progress

The aim is to encapsulate both bullet physics and irrlicht in such a way they work transparently together in a readily accessibly to a novice coder

I'm looking for anyone with Irrlicht experience to help out *please* !

This code will compile in Linux and winbloze using GCC I'd *really* apreciate input from a mac owner
saboniux

Post by saboniux »

I allways wanted to try bullet physics. I started to wrote newton wrapper but some other guys already done that. It will be interesting to compare those two great physics engines.

Looking forward to your next release :)
Washi

Post by Washi »

Id love to see this going with the ODE integration that it supports, ODE + Bullet = Comparable to $160,000+ commercial physics software, Infact thats where I heard of Bullet first.

Im working more on the map side of a game atm, than the code so i'm not as great at coding as id like, I do want to say good luck with your integration of Irrlicht and Bullet. :D

Have a look into that ODE/Bullet though, you might be able to get help from the people who created the ODE integration for Irrlicht that way. :D
nomad

Post by nomad »

A proper Irrlicht-Bullet integration would be great, I thought about having a go myself but I'm working on a map editor at the moment which will generate collision data for Bullet, that's taking my time up for now. So best of luck!
Are you planning to modify Irrlicht (maybe an IAnimatedPhysicalMesh class) or create an external application?