Cross-Compiling with MinGW?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Honkey Kong

Cross-Compiling with MinGW?

Post by Honkey Kong »

Hello. I was wondering if anybody has had success cross-compiling the Irrlicht sourcecode for windows using MinGW for Linux? I want to be able to develop my software for both Linux and Windows simultaneously, but I don't have Windows or MinGW installed on my machine yet, and was curious as to whether or not anybody has had success trying this. If you have, please let me know. It may save me a lot of trouble.
Tels

Re: Cross-Compiling with MinGW?

Post by Tels »

Honkey Kong wrote:Hello. I was wondering if anybody has had success cross-compiling the Irrlicht sourcecode for windows using MinGW for Linux? I want to be able to develop my software for both Linux and Windows simultaneously, but I don't have Windows or MinGW installed on my machine yet, and was curious as to whether or not anybody has had success trying this. If you have, please let me know. It may save me a lot of trouble.
Isn't MinGW for windows (e.g. you compile Linux source under windows with it?)

I face the same problem: I don't do windows, and so can't test my stuff under Windows :?

Cheers,

Tels

PS: Nice sig. But a bit wastefull (and I don't like that it shows the current status, not the status when you posted it (like the counters here, I think it would be usefull to see how many posts somebody had when he posted soemthing back then :)
Perl + Irrlicht + Audiere = Game: http://bloodgate.com/perl/game