Model directly

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ferdy182

Model directly

Post by ferdy182 »

Hi, I'm new using Irrlicht.
I have to develop a project and I'm thinking in use Irrlicht for it, but I have a doubt. I need to draw boxes with a given dimensions at given positions, and I need to know if irrlicht allow to draw triangles directly or I will have to use a squared box and scale it to fit my needs (wich would be much troublesome that placing vertex directly at the coordinates).

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
Acki

Post by Acki »

There are many ways to do it... ;)
creating a mesh load and scale it, creating a mesh "on the fly" with the given parameters...

But yes, Irrlicht has also drawing functions like, draw3DLine, draw3DRectangle, draw3DTriangle, draw3DBox !!!
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
ferdy182

Post by ferdy182 »

Thank you! I will look for that. I didn't have much time to read the entire documentation.

See you
arras

Post by arras »

I recomend looking at "03.CustomSceneNode" example in "examples" directory since it does just what you want. Except it makes tetraeder not a box. Just change number of vertices and their position.

Also there is addTestSceneNode function which create simple box scene node. Or it did in earlier versions of irrlicht. In new ones it was replaced with addBoxSceneNode which does the same I think. Look at "changes.txt".