IrrWizard?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Great! One of my favorite Irrlicht projects! :D

Though I'm getting some "unresolved externals" errors with fmod.
I got fmod's latest api and tried it with both 3.75 and EX4.03.

any other tips on compiling it? (errors occur when compiling with MSVC; with Devc it compiled ok but when running the app I just got a black screen).
:( [/code]
jam

Post by jam »

afecelis wrote:Great! One of my favorite Irrlicht projects! :D

Though I'm getting some "unresolved externals" errors with fmod.
I got fmod's latest api and tried it with both 3.75 and EX4.03.

any other tips on compiling it? (errors occur when compiling with MSVC; with Devc it compiled ok but when running the app I just got a black screen).
:( [/code]
I got Fmod running without issue using devc. What exact error messages are you getting?
area51

Post by area51 »

Thanks for the feedback, cool.

Ive tested it with Dev C++ 4.9.9.2 and Visual Studio .NET 2003. I havn't access to Express 2005 due to hardware issues and wanted to get the release out. However last release was developed using .NET 2003 and didnt need to make any changes for Express 2005.

There are a couple of niggly things with the wizard:

1. It doesn't remember the Irrlicht path, so remember to change each time or edit the wizard.ini file.

2. It doesn't completely overight the destination folder, so delete each time to avoid cross contamination.

Other possible problems could be unusual characters or white spaces in the project name, so could test with just the default settings.

Dev C++ compiles ok but runs displaying a blank screen? the only thing I can think is the driver, could change to software and run using debug instead of run.

MSVC, with FMOD, everything it needs should be there, it links to fmodox_vc in the lib folder of the project, could check to see if the wizard has copied those across( or look in the wizard log for any files not copied correctly). And the header files are in the source.

Also check in the project options under linker additional dependancies to see if the fmodex_vc.lib is entered there. Im wondering if a different version has been entered in the libs and headers of tools->options->projects->directories as well as you've mentioned using FMOD before.

I would be interested in seeing the project files for those.

I'l look into these errors further later.

Also if anyone else has the same or similar errors, or even if it worked, i'd also be interested to know.

Many thanks
________
ULTIMATE FIGHTER
Last edited by area51 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Great! that was it! :D I had to add the lib file and folder and it compiled ok.
I imported the VC project into codeblocks and compiled using the MSVC toolkit 2003.

thanks for the help! BTW. Nice new gun. Dunno why but I've always found the Quake2 gun to be extra cool
:wink:
area51

Post by area51 »

Ahh, cool, I'll add more error checking to make sure things are copied correctly.

I've tested it with visual Studio .NET 2003 and can't seem to get it to fail, debug and release within the IDE and debug and relese executables, all as expected. (Had to add release confguration linking as it didnt do it for me, must have been like that all along, just copy the debug configuration is very easy, will add in next release)

Need 2005 Express for more testing.

As long as these problems are the exception rather than the rule. I will add a trouble shooting section on how to manualy create the project file if things fail.

And agian, thanks for testing it out. cool :D
________
Wholesale vaporizer
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

no area, thanks to your and your team for the hard work! :D
I got some warning messages though that you might be interested in checking, here's the log file:
http://afecelis.gdlib.net/Irrlicht/Irrwizard_log.txt

Once again, many many thanks! :D
lug

Post by lug »

Thx, area51! I plan to use irrwizard for my irrMugen project.

Okay, here are some feature request:

- newton or ODE or ageia physics
- lua or gamemonkey scripting
- different camera system (birds view/3rd person)
- gamepad support (xbox 360 controller for windows, sidewinder, etc.)

That's all I could come up with now. <_>

irrwizard 1.0 builds/runs fine with VS2005 except for following annoying warning messages:

[code]

Warning 1 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 2 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 3 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 4 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 205
Warning 5 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 206
Warning 6 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 207
Warning 7 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 208
Warning 8 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 209
Warning 9 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 210
Warning 10 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 211
Warning 11 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 212
Warning 12 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 213
Warning 13 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 214
Warning 14 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 215
Warning 15 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 216
Warning 16 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 217
Warning 17 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 218
Warning 18 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 219
Warning 19 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 220
Warning 20 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 221
Warning 21 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 222
Warning 22 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 223
Warning 23 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 224
Warning 24 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 225
Warning 25 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 226
Warning 26 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 227
Warning 27 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 228
Warning 28 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 229
Warning 29 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 230
Warning 30 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 231
Warning 31 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 232
Warning 32 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 233
Warning 33 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 234
Warning 34 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 235
Warning 35 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 236
Warning 36 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 237
Warning 37 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 238
Warning 38 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 239
Warning 39 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 240
Warning 40 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 241
Warning 41 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 242
Warning 42 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\game\gamestatelevel01.cpp 243
Warning 43 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 44 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp 299
Warning 45 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp 388
Warning 46 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp 418
Warning 47 warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.cpp 443
Warning 48 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 49 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 60
Warning 50 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 61
Warning 51 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 93
Warning 52 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 93
Warning 53 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 95
Warning 54 warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 95
Warning 55 warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 112
Warning 56 warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'int' to 'void *' of greater size d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 112
Warning 57 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 119
Warning 58 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 128
Warning 59 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 145
Warning 60 warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'irr::f64' to 'int', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 147
Warning 61 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 165
Warning 62 warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'irr::f64' to 'int', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 167
Warning 63 warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 195
Warning 64 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'irr::u32' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\core\gamefxmanager.cpp 107
Warning 65 warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'irr::u32' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\core\gamefxmanager.cpp 107
Warning 66 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 67 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\core\gameitemmanager.cpp 43
Warning 68 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\core\gameitemmanager.cpp 89
Warning 69 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 70 warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'y' used d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 104
Warning 71 warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'x' used d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 104
Warning 72 warning C4715: 'CGamePathManager::getWaypointAt' : not all control paths return a value d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepathmanager.cpp 123
Warning 73 warning C4715: 'CFmodSoundManager::Init' : not all control paths return a value d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\sound\fmodsoundmanager.cpp 32
Warning 74 warning C4715: 'CAudiereSoundManager::Load' : not all control paths return a value d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\sound\audieresoundmanager.cpp 31
Warning 75 warning C4715: 'CAudiereSoundManager::Init' : not all control paths return a value d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\sound\audieresoundmanager.cpp 94
Warning 76 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\engine\gameenemymanager.cpp 36
Warning 77 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\engine\gameenemymanager.cpp 65
Warning 78 warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'unsigned int' d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\ai\gamepather.h 311
Warning 79 warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\engine\gameweaponmanager.cpp 65
Warning 80 warning C4018: '>=' : signed/unsigned mismatch d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\engine\gameweaponmanager.cpp 91
Warning 81 warning C4996: 'sprintf' was declared deprecated d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\engine\gameweaponmanager.cpp 132
Warning 82 warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp 133
Warning 83 warning C4996: 'fopen' was declared deprecated d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp 1017
Warning 84 warning C4996: 'fopen' was declared deprecated d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp 1149
Warning 85 warning C4996: 'sscanf' was declared deprecated d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp 1299
Warning 86 warning C4996: 'sscanf' was declared deprecated d:\irrlicht_projects\myproject\source\config\tinyxml.cpp 1306

[/code]
area51

Post by area51 »

Excellent.

Ill prune most of those warning messages out as a matter of urgency, they are begining to annoy me as well now come to think of it. :?

Some are very lazy.

Physics and scripting are the two big areas left now, we have plans to implement them sooner rather than later. One or both for the next major release.

Good luck
________
Plymouth Sundance
lug

Post by lug »

Hey area, while I was thinking up ways to do my irrMugen project, I have some more suggestion for you.

You could have an "advanced" or "custom" tab option after the "choose components" space or add sub-options under each components. Let me explain.

Actually, instead of doing that, why not have only one component with many sub-component options that allow user to decide what goes in the final code. Like have check boxes for including/excluding title screen, main screen, etc. Also, it would be cool to be able to point to our own media instead of irrWizard's default one during project generation.

Hmmm...maybe a post editor would be better -- kinda like VisualEditor for irrWizard (new VE version inspired me). This will allow realtime switching out editing stuff from irrWizard generated projects. :) I'll put together a quick demo app to show you what I mean. :)
lug

Post by lug »

Well, while working on the proof-of-concept, the program morphed into more of a viewer/documentation/source browser thingy. :)

Screeny:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/ ... omizer.jpg

Download (24,177 bytes):

http://rapidshare.de/files/19799845/irr ... r.zip.html

Note, you made need to install .net 2.0 runtime in order to run the program. :(

Right now, everything is static/manual. Meaning, nothing is read from the source code to generate the data in the app. This is just to demonstrate the look and feel of the GUI.
Computer Guru

Post by Computer Guru »

Awesome work with this release, but I can't get it to compile on Visual Studio 2005 Professional.

It compiles alright, but no matter what I config it or where I save it, I get a linker error: cannot find D:\Black.obj......

What is that file?

Also, in IrrWizard, do I point it to the Irrlicht Source (from source.zip) or just the Irrlicht SDK?
mR.haHN

Post by mR.haHN »

Is it normal that when I create a new project with the IrrWizard, and then compile&run that project, he only short switches to fullscreen and then back to the desktop?!
area51

Post by area51 »

@lug Thats a very interesting thing you've made, I'll be sure to download and play around with it when I get to a machine with .NET framework loaded. You also have some very good ideas aswell.

Good work :D

@Computer Guru. I've seen something similar to that before if you have whitespaces (or unusual characters) in the project name. Try it with the default name to test it.

You only need to point it to the Irrlicht SDK folder and not the source.zip

It should only need to link to the irrlicht lib and audiere, Fmodex lib which are in the lib folder of the project it creates. You could try to do that manully in the additional dependancies from the project menu if all else fails.

@mR.haHN. I dont really use Dev C++, only when doing these releases, so have no real experience with it. It should work if you run it using the debug option. I would be interested to know why it does that though if anyone has any ideas.
________
Nr
zndkwin

doesnt show

Post by zndkwin »

hey, ive downloaded this wizard, tried to compile it with dev++, and it works, but when running the resulting .exe it just shows the console window and thats it. It doesnt show anything else. What is the problem, anyone know?

thanks
lug

Post by lug »

I'm glad you liked it area! :twisted: It can now read in the header and source files using the current v1.0 directory hiearchy setup of irrWizard.

I've also put in place an algorithm that can successfully parse through the header file for constants using nothing but .NET calls -- no native C++ calls STL/library. This can be extended/reused to/for attributes and functions as well.

new screeny:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/ ... 060508.jpg

I'm thinking of adding in a graphic tab or floating window that shows the irrWizard class hiearchy tree.

One of the goals is maybe this will allow a more interactive, inituitive way to learn the well done design of irrWizard. Or at least an alternate way to look at the code/online doc.

Also, someone who doesn't want to download and sift through the irrWizard code may find using this tool a little easier/faster to evaluate irrWizard for their project. :)

For me, I just like all the info in one place for easy access/browsing. And yes, I've borrowed some idea from MS VS Studio IDE. :(

So when it's done, the tool will take irrWizard's code/doc and display it a different way to the user.

zndkwin, well it works for me. I know that doesn't help you. I haven't used devc++ in ages. You might check to see if the paths to the media folder is correct. It might be erroring out during runtime because it can't load/find the necessary resources like texture and models. :/