SUPREMACY ERRANDS - v1.6

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

What do you think about this game ?

It's ok !
27%
It's evolving to something nice !
48%
Not that great... needs more stuff !
19%
Horrible !
6%

Total votes: 63

JP

Post by JP »

It's dirty and incestuous! You should both be locked up for it! :lol:

That's great that the two work nicely together!
Image Image Image
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

rogerborg wrote:
sio2 wrote:For fun, I tried one of the city levels (world1_1.dmf) in my game engine and I was surprised that it loaded first time and I was able to drive a vehicle around it.
That seems really... kinky, somehow. Great to see it though. It's fun to play together.
I'm currently building my own city level but andrei25ni's level is approximately the same size as what I have in mind for my first map. I remember trying his demo and thought it would be useful to get some statistics before I complete my map, especially since his level is fully textured. I was amazed that it ran at ~550fps on my machine. I was only after stats, and wasn't originally intending using it to release a demo, but it worked so well and seemed so cool I thought I'd ask permission to use it to make a little driving demo.

I know the project is open source but I wasn't going to do anything with the assets without express permission from andrei25ni, which is why I asked first. A heck of a lot of time must have gone into making this map.
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

andrei25ni wrote:
sio2 wrote:For fun, I tried one of the city levels (world1_1.dmf) in my game engine and I was surprised that it loaded first time and I was able to drive a vehicle around it. Lot's of fun. :D I could make a demo but I'd need permission to use and distribute the map.

Anyway, I grabbed a screenshot:

..image..
Ok, you can make a demo, I've already started work on a different map, that old city map is just for testing. Just put my name in a readme file or something.
LOL, Id hate to say it but...pwned!
Why ? It's an open source project.

Cheers.
Thanks. I'll ensure your fully credited.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Will the 1.4.9 source be released?
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

I'm sorry, but I don't have them anymore. :(
My hdd crashed a while ago and I lost everything.

That's why there was such a big time with no new updates on this game, I was building everything from scratch.
Good thing I had the binaries and media on sourceforge, so not everything was lost.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

That's too bad. So is it going to take a little while before we can see some new stuff, or are you almost ready to show some new stuff?
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

I previosly posted that :
So when can we expect a demo release? Those new screens are really nice. Keep up the good work.

I'm hoping to have something you guys can beta-test in a month or so (around 1st of november). But that's hard to tell, since I can only work on this game during week-ends.
So hang in there :lol:
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

JP wrote:It's dirty and incestuous! You should both be locked up for it! :lol:

That's great that the two work nicely together!
I've just released the demo in Project Announcements.

A big thanks to andrei25ni.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I heard this project was going to pick-up in Novemember. I was just wondering if that was still true, because it almost is November and I haven't seen anything new yet
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

5 more days... hang in there :D lol

I'm currently working on a simple LOD system and the game's main menu. I don't want to release anything until these two are ready (which they will be on the 1st of nov.).

Thanks for your interest.

PS: I'll post a screenshot update when I come back from work. :wink:

Cya.

LE: Here they are :

GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Wow that's amazing.
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Yeah seriously man. If the player models look as good as the level models, then it would be possible to rank this in between GTA: SA and GTA IV, and possibly over GTA IV. O.O
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Praetor

Post by Praetor »

That looks great, I'm looking forward to the demo!
"Surely we don’t need to waste resources on pathfinding; they just need to walk along the shortest route from one place to another." - EA Producer
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Its november! So when will the demo be out? Will it include the source as well?
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

I have to ask, sorry this is a newbie question, but I am a programmer, and not a modeler. Is the texturing for that city just one big texture, or do all the buildings contain their respective textures?
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B