Irrgi 1.5 RELEASE

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Artenius wrote:
Eternl Knight wrote:And the GUI editor I use came from my experience with C++ Builder. Took me a couple of weeks effort, but I'll be stuffed if I'm showing it here. After all - I must have stolen the idea from Midnight!

And people wonder why the Irrlicht community is small...

--EK
Good thing about open source... You can let people taste your ideas, improve them and then you all learn together.
Bad thing about open source... If you do something nice there's always someone saying you copied their ideas or their code...

No need to look so far away... In some gamedev communities I am part of there are always someone posting like: "I am making a game like pong." Then if someone replys "Oh do naked girls walk instead of ballz..." Then the guy comes and says: "Yeah, that was my idea. I am making a game like poing which has naked girls instead of ballz..."

Real bad thing we still are into an stage were the net is not for the 21+, kids rule and those who has some reasoning are just too stupid to have a civilized talking.

Backing on topic... the app looks great...
good thing about analyzing someones comments - nothing
bad thing about talking poop - you get yer chin dirty

I never said he stole my ideas... I said he might once I release the source and I hope he does because it's allowed.

good thing about open source - everything except for the developers
bad thing about open source - you lose credit and start conflict because of nerdy poop talk.

take things for what they are and quit being a pussy and worrying what midnight says... after all I do it mostly for the controversy you posers!
Rambus

Post by Rambus »

The link is dead :'(

RM2kdev, I'll give you ftp/web space to host this little gui program of yours. (Assuming bandwidth/space is the reason the link is dead)

Looks neat, the clean interface is a big plus.
Can't wait to try it out.