Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
terefang

Post by terefang »

but bugs under linux ...

- demo segfaults
- opengl miscompiles

but already sent a patch to niko :)
Last edited by terefang on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
terefang
nVidia 7800GT/256, AMD64-X2 4k2, Latest Fedora/CentOS
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I'll try it on linux tomorrow. Plz make your patches available :wink:
dracflamloc

Post by dracflamloc »

Some bugs i've posted in the bug forum as well.

Collision response animators are affected by invisible nodes now, which isnt good, and i've got some pretty wacky behavior with getTransformedBoundingBox on my buildings (just scaled cubes, but being very wacky)

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=10099

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=10097
sRc

Post by sRc »

afecelis wrote:whoa! the new detail mapping in terrain looks sweeeeeeeeeeet!
how different is it to the 0.12 detail mapping? I havent had a chance to look at anything in it yet other than the recompiled examples
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Raedwulf

Post by Raedwulf »

Thanks for the great release Niko :), my birthday is tommorrow :) - I'll consider this a great birthday present from you lol :).
terefang

Post by terefang »

terefang
nVidia 7800GT/256, AMD64-X2 4k2, Latest Fedora/CentOS
AticAtac

Post by AticAtac »

The new release sounds very promising and the new features as well (although i think that a software renderer is for the most ppl not so important).
There are still some "low-level" bugs which need to be fixed, like the ones in rect::getWidth and rect::getHight.
Also, many functions need to polished and code-reviewed. Some implementations need to be reworked performance-wise.
Imho "stability" and "performance" are more important than new features.
elander

Post by elander »

Great he skipped rev. 13. It was bad luck to use that number. :lol:

Great new features too like GLSL and the new 3d interfaces.

Post by Guest »

I agree with Atic Atac. Niko could do now with concentrating on making what is there fully robust - of course a big thumbs up for 0.14.0 it is very much apreciated.

Just a couple of niggles are still in there that could do with being fixed by now before looking at adding things.

Post by Guest »

oh an Atic - do you think it may be useful for you to start a thread "Important / functional / performance bugs that need fixing" so that they can all be listed in one place.. and a casual reader can see

a.if it is important to their project
b.if they can fix it themselves if needs be (and send code to Niko)

Because I agree that now we really need to squash those bugs and performance problems that are holding it back before looking at any new features

:)
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

I think I saw such lists comming up from time to time, but usually they disappear quite fast after some days. It'd be probably best to make such an overview in the Irrlicht wiki such that everyone can edit the list and all information stays properly structured.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

awesome... downloading now :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

hybrid wrote:I think I saw such lists comming up from time to time, but usually they disappear quite fast after some days. It'd be probably best to make such an overview in the Irrlicht wiki such that everyone can edit the list and all information stays properly structured.
Done.. I added two pages to the main page of the wiki for notes about the Irrlicht Releases. Time to start filling them.

http://irrforge.org/index.php/Irrlicht0.12Release
http://irrforge.org/index.php/Irrlicht0.14Release
Crud, how do I do this again?

Post by Guest »

I have an account for the wiki - I wanted to add some (And some custom code /fixes in other areas).. but colour me stupid I just don't know how to "Use" a wiki to edit it - do I really have access to a page?

I know it sounds strange 5+ years with C++ but can't edit a wiki, give me some newb tips here people ;)

Post by Guest »

well to be honest i think the new release just sucks :/ terrain is messed up for me (why do i have to scale the terrain 10 times bigger like with irrlicht 0.12? also i get very _heavy_ Z-fighting issues when enabling dynamic lights or fog for the terrain, and without it it looks just bad. i get 20fps less than before and the iterator stuff is dumb too...)

i´ll just stick with irrlicht-012 then for the rest of my project :) it works without any major problems