RPG Builder Official Post

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
n321

Post by n321 »

I do not have a portfolio online as of now but I am in the process of updating my old website. The site is www.ncgproductions.bravehost.com . It has not been updated in a bit so the info is old, the project described on the site has been finished. I will how ever b e posting screens of this project and info on it in time. I am more skilled in High poly design but am learning low poly modeling...I have skill in rigging. So if you have a mesh that you want rigged
I can give it a shot, I just need the mesh and a descriotion of any specific needs.

As far as my needs in programming well, I have not yet started my engine soooo I have no base. I have told you my goals in an engine tho. There is a game made with ogre called 9th life that has all of the game play features that I neee. But in short can your suite be molded into a engine or system like KOTOR?
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

Can you model as well as i do not have much skill in modeling organic shapes like humans monsters etc as i would like some medievil knigths, peasents etc to add to my standard Model Pack, i am skilled however in music, Programing environmental design, .FX Shaders and many other things so do not be affraid to ask for help.

If you could work on a knight or peasent model i will be very happy.

thanks

DGENXP
n321

Post by n321 »

ok, Some concept art would rock but I can also go off of my own mind.

Tell me a bit more about your project tho, besideds designing a world can you actualy run arround in it? with basic colision and such?

I will still help you but I may not work with irrlicht for my project, would you still be willing to help with programming stuff? Like with Ogre
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

The best way to explain is if you have heard of the design app RPG Maker this is a 3d Revamp of that concept. you will be able to run around in the world with collision and stuff. there will be an exe that copies itself to the project folder this will run all the bits that build the game. thus running the game as a release

the best way to see this process in action is to download prg maker and you will see how this works.

the link on my site to download the app has changed

http://www.rgenmedia.com/software/rb3d.zip
redstar

Post by redstar »

Hey DGENXP,

I am making a RPG and was planning to make my own toolset, but it looks like you have a head start on me. I've downloaded the version from your website and would like to test it out and provide feedback, if you want. Would you rather have feedback posted here or through your website or PM?

Looks like a nice app and looking forward to taking it for a spin.

-redstar
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

Hi All

The Rebuild of RB3d is COMPLETE i have fixed many of the old bugs and will now continue adding more features to it

Some of the new features are

> Advanced Skylab - This can be used to customize the way the colour of the ambient light and fog distance etc

> Gui Editor for the programs gui

> Removal of that annoying mini texture that is attatched to the mouse

> mouse wheel zooms in and zooms out instead of changing texture

> AUTOTILER - this feature means that you can place paths and it automatically creates connections and corners to the last pathtile

In 6 days i will be uploading the rebuild to my website so stay tuned
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

HI All

Yeah I am still alive and the project is still being worked on

Here is an update on progress

I am currently ironing out the final bugs in my App these came about during the christmas period when i was going ot upload the newest version.

I have a demo project that is being worked on too. More info on that later

The newest beta release will be online soon i swear this time.

Whats New?

Lighting, A more advanced gui, A selection of new buildings for the medieval structures pack, Model properties for renaming etc. Project manager (Finaly), Texture selector, character placer and fully animated or boned playing characters.

also there are a few more features being intergrated - Event editor, scripting language, simple collision detection, project packing and particle generator.

Yet to come:

FREE EDITION -
This version will remain free and will be updated periodically

Basic HLSL Functions, Map/Battle Transitions, Model Pack importer, Texture Pack Importer, Music / Sound Pack importer, Structure Pack Importer and GUI Maker/Importer.

PRO EDITION -
All of the Free edition features with:-

Networking support, Advanced paticle lab, Model importer/Packager, Texture Importer / Packager, Script editor (R-Script), HLSL Functions, Advanced HLSL Functions, Pix-ED (PS Programming), LUA Script ability, Screen Filtering, Music Importer, SFX Importer, AFX Importer, Shader and standard Map/Battle Transitions and Optional battle modes (e.g FF XII, X, 9-1, etc)

Later on tonight i will upload some recent screen shots.

Cheers DGEN-XP
Last edited by DGENXP on Sun May 13, 2007 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
n321

Post by n321 »

Well Hello Again.......

I have been all over the place since my last post and have not been able to even work on game projects lately.....I moved and transfered school over Christmas and man ......Im just settling in!

So To your project!

My goal is to make an CRPG. The same concept as KOTOR 1. The Problem for me is keeping a programmer on staff! I and a small team have been making media for games for a long while. I began a project last year using a modified Q3 engine but my programmer and I did not see eye to eye on things. He Liked my story, my ideas and my models but not every aspect of the story line fit his desires....so we parted on friendly terms! He took my game and story and I let him as I was not exactly set on this game genre and story anyways! My dream has always been an RPG Like KOTOR! SO! I am down one programmer and have a team sitting by wondering what to make!.......this takes me to your project!

SO what I remember from our earlyer posts. You made a suite of editors to make all of the aspects of an RPG but it is not a full engine right? So you can make and preview worlds with scripted models and effects. But where to go from there....if it possible to expand the engine that previews these worlds to a full game engine? I guess what I am needing is alot!

Well I would make media for you and jot just models but textures and gl shaders and sounds and vo's and anything on the media side.....but in return I would have to have somthing I can use.....

Well to be honest a game engine would complete you suite of tools......somthing to add completed media to......somthing you can make a tech demo with.........it would be a lot of work.......but Ill make the media if you decide to program....if not then Im just going to have to stick with FPS that I can work on myself! Let me know if your interested in this I have a set of plans that you may want to see.

oh and that old site I posted has been updated.......All flash media I made.....but the game is still in the pre production area www.ncgproductions.co.nr
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

Great news

The Community forums for my RPG Builder are now open there you will be able to download the latest version of my long awaited RPG Builder Please take the time to join my community and help me out by requesting new features or Request to become a beta tester designer or developer to help me speed up the development of this Program.

Cheers

DGENXP

Forum Link is http://www.freepowerboards.com/rb3ddeveloper/index.php
Last edited by DGENXP on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

Hi All

I have an estimated release date on the new version of Map ED this will be hopefully released on the 30-04-07

V0.2.0 Will have these features:

Dynamic Lighting (Beta)
Auto tiles
Trees and model placing
Free Model Movement
More Sky Boxes
Map Save/Load
Character Movement
Advanced Sky Lab (Only Preset Skies at the moment)

Interface Presets
A few More Models in Default Pack
A default Character to run around the Map with
A Much Better Looking Interface
Last edited by DGENXP on Sun May 13, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Nice nice. :D
raubritter

Post by raubritter »

very nice
------------------------

I am from Germany
So sorry for my bad English
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

It's been a long time coming

But it is now finaly released Please Click the bolow link to go directly to the Download page to retrieve your new Version of RB3D

http://www.rgenmedia.com/R3D_Download.htm

This is a Four part download and you must have Winrar Installed on your system

http://www.rarlabs.com

if you do not have it

Please everyone i would like your feedback and shall look forward to reading it

When you download try the Tryton Map. this comes with the application to load it go to file>load Map ant then type Tryton to load and walk through it
Last edited by DGENXP on Sun May 13, 2007 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

I Have updated the link on my download page so it is now only one link not four just thought id mention it

cheers
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

nice lighting in the screens :)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com