Tumle v1.4 irrlicht/newton

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Why all the fuss about a camera? Just ray trace a line from the player and place the camera at the point of collision...
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

i talked today to my physics teacher, she told me how to implement this! when camera is not moving we give some ammount of force to move it from death point and when camera is already moving we give such ammount of force just to compense friction. easy :) now ill try to do this :)
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

changed the initial post
buhatkj

converted to VS2005, but I have a runtime error??

Post by buhatkj »

hey guys, the error i'm getting is: "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'Izz' was corrupted."

THis is a screenshot of the error I'm getting:

I converted the IN dll using the dev-c++ one as an example how to set up the project. It compiled successfully, then I tried to convert the example. THe example compiles OK, but then when I run it I get this....

Any help would be appreciated, these sorts of errors always drive me nutty....
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

The example .dev-file links wrong, sorry. It links to libINv3.a when it should be linking to libIN.a (the v3 whas just something I used when making it). But if you succesfully compiled the example, this is not you problem... I've added a link to the complied .dll and .a file in the initial post, try using those. Also IN uses the svn version of irrlicht (1.3.1)

Hope this helps, I don't understand the error you're getting.
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

Updated IN, now materials and levels are supported
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

Hey JonLT, check out http://s-fonline.com/webhosting/dhenton ... ondemo.php This demo has nice player controller in newton, this is something that we tried to figure out before and we stayed with NewtonSetVelotcity()... I gues this will be useful for you
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

Thanks roxaz! But i think I'll try to do this : http://newtondynamics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3561
I would like to do most of it my self. I'm in this to learn. :)
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

wow, this one looks more clear. now i thank you ;)
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

A little update:
Finally made the characted controller work and I've added a FPS camera and the "IN with IrrEdit" app.

IN is now ready for me to use in some other stuff, I'll post back if i ever get that FPS game going.
Last edited by JonLT on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

how does it work for you (i mean FPS controller)? I got a little weird results. If scene is not scaled down and all forces are increased 32 times to get realistic simulation - FPS controller works fine. If i scale down my scene 32 times and apply not increased forces - my camera floats. It shouldnt be like that
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

Is you problem with my FPS cam or your own? If it's with your own and you used the equations from the link i posted, you most remeber that the desired velocity's Y component isn't zero. I solved this by not aplying any Y force to the camera besides gravity, that way the camera will not try to float. Another thing: I know this is a little simple but, the newton engine works with seconds and irrlicht with milliseconds.
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

problem occured in mine project. you see, im writing my own physics wrapper to suit my needs :) i dont apply any Y forces, just gravity. I gues ill have to stay with increased forces then...

EDIT:
AHA! maybe i know why we scale down scene to get realistic simulation! its timestep!!!!! read here, im trying this out now :P
JonLT

Post by JonLT »

Another update: Materials and material interactions can now be extracted from the material manager, so they will not go out of scope. Userdata can now also be stored in the IPhysicsNode and user specified callbacks can be added. The "IN with IrrEdit" is also updated. And I've made a small sample game.
But as roxaz has pointed out the timing is still not 100% correct.

The link in the first post is changed
tivi

Post by tivi »

Hi,

thank you for your IN lib, but I get this error with the "Hello World " example.

Code: Select all

------ Build started: Project: IN_HelloWorld_00, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class in::IPhysicsManager * __cdecl in::createPhysicsManager(class irr::IrrlichtDevice *,struct NewtonWorld *)" (?createPhysicsManager@in@@YAPAVIPhysicsManager@1@PAVIrrlichtDevice@irr@@PAUNewtonWorld@@@Z) referenced in function _main
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\TomV\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Irrlicht\IN_HelloWorld_00\Debug\IN_HelloWorld_00.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\TomV\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Irrlicht\IN_HelloWorld_00\IN_HelloWorld_00\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
IN_HelloWorld_00 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Do you know what I missed?
I include your headers, copied the source files and use #pragma comment ... to link the irrlicht and newton libs.

Thanks
Tom