What I expect from Irrlicht 1.4

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Well I was just wondering. I could always export to a supported format that Irrlicht uses. It would be more of a convienace if Irrlicht supported .blend file, but its not a big deal to me.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

imo, just add support to b3d lightmap feature to the blender b3d exporter, and you'r good to go, one format for characters and levels with *.b3d and blender.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

GameDude wrote:Well I was just wondering. I could always export to a supported format that Irrlicht uses. It would be more of a convienace if Irrlicht supported .blend file, but its not a big deal to me.
Hybrid already explained it is almost impossible to support .blend file because .blend is basically just a memory dump of blenders current state and not an actual mesh interchange format.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

yup, I did too...blend files are a plain dump since ever...havent seen anyone do use of it...just a lot of python ;)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

omar shaaban wrote:# I expect that finally I will not have to include the irrXML.cpp in my project
i agree on this! :)
Does revision 866 help? I'm not used to Win32 mechanisms...
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

rogerborg wrote: Don't bother; I've had a patch for that in the sourceforge tracker since 17th November 2006.
Sorry man, I did actually look at the patch but I didn't want to commit all of it. The tab key thing only worked for edit boxes, I wanted a generic solution instead. The proportional size thing was good, but I wanted auto-resizing elements instead (some of the code ended up in setPosition/setAlignment iirc).
The password thing was named "setObscured*" which I thought isn't very obvious if you're 15 years old and english isn't your first language. I already promised this will be in 1.4 though :)

edit: password editbox is now in svn
Last edited by bitplane on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
elvman

Post by elvman »

hybrid wrote:Does revision 866 help? I'm not used to Win32 mechanisms...
Yes it works, really big thanks!

But now I get this in the revision: 869:
CParticleSystemSceneNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall irr::scene::CParticleAttractionAffector::CParticleAttractionAffector(class irr::core::vector3d<float> const &,float,bool,bool,bool,bool)" (??0CParticleAttractionAffector@scene@irr@@QAE@ABV?$vector3d@M@core@2@M_N111@Z)
CParticleSystemSceneNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall irr::scene::CParticleRotationAffector::CParticleRotationAffector(class irr::core::vector3d<float> const &,class irr::core::vector3d<float> const &)" (??0CParticleRotationAffector@scene@irr@@QAE@ABV?$vector3d@M@core@2@0@Z)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, I've added some ParticleAttractors from IrrSpintz. It will take some days until all project files are updated. For now just add the mentioned files (named just as the classes not found) to your project. I'm sorry, I just don't have those tools. I'll do my best to add it to some project files manually...
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I know I have asked this before or it has been asked before, but when will 1.4 be released?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

when it's finished :D
As you might know we are planning for the animation system integration. This might take some weeks. So depending on the complexity of this task it might last even longer. And there'll also be a larger amount of testing necessary due to the size of this change.
If it will take too much time we might also make a release without the new animation system, but that would be only second or third choice.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Ah I see. So there is no esitmate as the changes could take some time. Just take as much time as you need, I don't think many people would like it if the new Irrlicht was released without the new animation system.
elvman

Post by elvman »

Compiling the latest SVN version of Irrlicht gives me this:

Code: Select all

c:\documents and settings\elviss\my documents\engines\irrlicht-1.4\include\irrMath.h(393) : error C3861: 'round': identifier not found
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I am working on this. But bug reports should be posted to that forum because they are easily overseen otherwise...