Project : SCR (UPDATED 10.04.2008)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
SwitchCase

Post by SwitchCase »

This looks like it's going to be brilliant fuzzyspoon. Hope you stick with it. Best of luck. :)
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Hum, why impostor? In-game, a good texture/shader will be just as good but incredibly faster.
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Some updates :

Check first post...
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

lol happy new year guys, have some screens :)
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

It looks fun, but personally, this is the kind of stuff i find more amusing to do in real life :p.
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

lol cool thanks for the feedback. i agree its more fun in real life, tho im aiming for a fun multiplayer game that will just be amusing and entertaining for a long time... where the game is quite easily moddable
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

Dorth wrote:Hum, why impostor? In-game, a good texture/shader will be just as good but incredibly faster.
An imposter is usually a billboard. Render it once to a texture then use that texture as a billboard (two triangles) for as many instances as you can in the scene. There are edge-cases but that's the general idea.
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Main post updated, see the first post in the thread. including main text
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Very nice stuff!

FlyingIsFun1217
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

thsnkd flyingisfun,

i just got your pm. gonna read it now
FlyingIsFun1217

FuzzYspo0N wrote:thsnkd flyingisfun,

i just got your pm. gonna read it now
Cool.

Can't wait to see what kinda ideas you come up with for the SCR! ;)

FlyingIsFun1217
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Yea actually im writing up the specs/document stuff about it now , soon i will upload all the planned releases and what functionality each release will have in it.

Such as : mesh deformations are planned in release 2.0 but that wud make it release #6 or so... inluding all the demos and tests...

Keep a look out, after the 8th jan, i plan to release demo 1, single player driving in a map like in the shots, just so ppl can get a feel :P
FlyingIsFun1217

That'll be a great way for me not to be depressed after going back to school after winter break!

FlyingIsFun1217
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Im posting a quick update here

A quick update : I have been speaking to the newton guy directly (of the physics engine) and he has said that he will send me an advance of the newest version of the framework, as well as help me get the physics working as it is expected to using the new features of the physics!
This is great news IMO,
he said :
I would not worry about the behaviuor of the car in that version of newton.
It can be fixed but trought a lot of work, Netwon 2.00 have solutions of those problems in a more natural way.
[we fix the wrapper using 2 which is easy and]
then we get the shopping car workingh like you want.
I have a very high degree of confodent that I can get to work like it is expected.
On the graphics side, there has been some awesome motion with the map making. My friend from UGFX, reverthex, has jumped on as an artist and has come up with a demo map in a very quick time, which i am very pleased with. This is what it looks like without textures.

I have been UV mapping it a lot, and i am pleased with the outcomes, with smaller textures and the same high quality it makes for a great map, also with an ASTOUNDING 308 Polygons only, he really is gonna make some great maps (as am i) . We are also working on a set of doodads, that will be "loose" all over the level, which (surprise) IS moddable,using the maps as shells, adding physics enabled doodads for the map content. more details on this later :)

Multiplayer and framework side.

My multiplayer guy has been helping me a lot already, and is already working on the concepts pf the server, which will allow (yes, wow) the first demo release to run multiplayer as well! even online multiplayer! to me thats awesome news. He is also helping me with the AI a little in terms of the networking and single player gameplay to get used to the game etc. According to some quick estimation :
First release demo :progress:
GAME engine : 85 % (physics remains,as well as a menu(70%))
DEMo map : 80 % (textures and lighting)
Multiplayer : (only accounts for 20% TOTAL for the whole game, but so far it is just a design)

Extras : Tutorial 50% (needs physics to be added finish)
: Optimizing my trolley from 12000 Polys, thats nearly done(i took it down from 67000)
: the GUI framework (70%)
: The content management and filesystem (90%)

I am really happy to be making fast progress, especially running a full time job and lots of other things goin on, time difference delays on team "discussion" and stuff.
My planned release for demo 1 was early feb, and is still looking that way :D

Comments PLOX
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

~~~~ cool ~~~~.

wonder what program generated the map? is it 3dsmax, maya or something else?

thanks.