GaNDaLDF Tutorials

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

hmm that's strange! On Linux it would be a hidden folder, starting with a . and all...

I have scripts in two locations:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender\.blender\scripts
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

xDan wrote:hmm that's strange! On Linux it would be a hidden folder, starting with a . and all...

I have scripts in two locations:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender\.blender\scripts
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
i found it, it's in

C:\Documents and Settings\Zhi Eng\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender

and was hidden -_-. anyways there is no such folder as

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender

i still wonder why o_o
grayman

Post by grayman »

Hey gandalf, your exporter is amazing, since MY3D died i´ve been searching a replace and .b3d works perfectly, i´ve managed to export the lightmaps correctly to irrlicht and i think what your exporter should be included by default in blender, is in my opinion the best format to export game assets.

in the first UVset goes the texture, in the second UVset goes the lightmaps, but i dont know how to copy an UVset for the normal maps it just creates one new and cannot change it for an existing one.

Somebody knows how to bake the whole lightmap in a single file, i can export correctly but if i make the entire process for all objects.

Gandalf thanks nice exporter!
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
grayman

more specs plz?

Post by grayman »

Hi dudes, ive tried everything, finally y could export a model using .b3d from blender and load it in irrlcht, in the first uv set i put the textures, you can apply it from several texture files, just choose all those faces individually an unwrap it, then load the image and tweak the coords, later i thought bake a single texture files from all them....but i dont know how...

in the second uv set i bake the lightmaps, is quite useful the "lightmap UV pack" from the unwrap menu, seem what it distribute all faces for a correct lightmap....

BUT when i try to copy an UV set for the normal map i must copy it in "object" mode to get a exact copy of my unwraping, if i duplicate the uv set in edti mode is necessary unwrap again but its the only way to export with more than 2 uvsets, i really dont understand how reuse the uvsets.

AND a final question is, how many kinds of textures supports a .b3d file?, defuse, lightmap...which are the others? bump map? i have a nice texture package and i have the texture and bump maps, how make it work inside irrlicht??? and how export the others like specular and how make it work from blender to irrlicht in a .b3d model?

thanks anyway.
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

B3D_Exporter_2.04 has bugs in exporting animation in Blender 2.46, I tried using the previous version B3D_Exporter_1.03 on Blender 2.46 and the animation exported correctly.
GaNDaLDF

Post by GaNDaLDF »

Well... It's a bit reductive as bug report... isn't it?
Let tell me if the bug truly exists!
First of all, have you read the specs page on my site?
Second of all, send me your .blend and explain me where is the bug...
Third of all... PLEASE... Stop to compare the 2.04 with the 1.03!!!!

The 1.03 is a toy compared with the 2.04..
The 2.04 permits you to export different meshes with different animation in an unique scene.. it supports lightmaps... vertex optimization... so it's far far away from the newest version.

Put here the link to your blend file.. and I will see it! :wink:

Bye Gand
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

here's the link to the test blend file.

http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/9/96/BS ... inal.blend
GaNDaLDF

Post by GaNDaLDF »

And here there's the .b3d... :D

http://www.gandaldf.com/BSoD-ItCA-final_fixed.zip

You can't pretend that a model prepared for an animation can be used in a game without any change...
Every model in a game engine must be animated only with bones... so vertex animation for the eyes can't be used as it is... than... modifiers like subsurf or animator don't affect the model in the 3d engine.. you must use only the Blender "basic" function's for imparenting..
Finally... as I wrote on the specs page of my site.. with the 2.04 you must specify in the NLA editor which animation you would export.. and there wasn't any selected...

That's all!
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

thanks for the guidance/advice, really appreciate it.
grayman

Post by grayman »

could somebody make a demo with the best of the best from .b3d format? i mean texture maps and effects? only a nice stage and a nice model? specular map, normal map???? i really need to know if all that is possible with irrlicht and .b3d....
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

hey man, irrlicht supports shaders, texture mapping, bump mapping, parallax mapping, etc.

it can render images that will blow you away.

though you will have to set it up yourself. it takes both art and coding skills to create stunning imagery.

don't think irrlicht is inferior to any engine (e.g. ogre) just because you see crummy sample game programs posted on this forum.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Indeed. I replaced the sydney model with a b3d beast model (by psionic) it gives a totally different kind of impression toward Irrlicht.

grayman

Post by grayman »

Sure, tomorrow ill star to model a huge level map, initially only textures and lightmaps, i just dont know how to set up the other textures and less how to activate it on irrlicht, i hope you could help me when the map is advanced, i just what make a nice demo for fun and learning, i just love .b3d format!
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

i think the only way to do it is using shaders. i don't know anything about shader though...
ezanih

Blank Animation When Using Irrlicht and b3d file

Post by ezanih »

Hi there!

I need some help. I am using Irrlicht and Blender and I am trying to run b3d file in Irrlicht (using .GetMesh() and .addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(). I am using HelloWorld example program and I replaced the line: getMesh("sydney.md2:) with getMesh("example.b3d") but I am getting a blank screen when I run compile program although the hello world caption text still displays. I used Gandalf b3d exporter to export the armature to b3d in Blender. Please tell me how to fix if you know and send e-mail to my mail at : ezanih@hotmail.com. I really appreciate your time. Thks in advance.