Mesh (.ms3d or .obj) loaded without textures

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
puh

Post by puh »

Did someone open Milkshape3D (.ms3d) file with textured object in Irrlicht?
puh

Post by puh »

OK, it seems I've solved the problem. Now I create mesh in Milkshape and keep all textures in same folder with the model. Then I translate model into .3ds (MAX) format. And Irrlicht opens it with textures! There is one bug in Milkshape (?) - it swaps Y and Z axis, so I just rotate whole world 90deg.
I also tried new collision detection features - it's amazingly good. Thanks, Niko!
It'll be greater if multitexturing could be added, hope I'll find it in new releses.
Long life, Irrlich!
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Ah, nice to read that it works now. And for the Y and Z axis-bug I should add a new method into the IMeshModifier. But I'll check if its really Milkshapes or my fault. :)
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

I had the same problem..i loaded my ms3d file and it's white,without textures..can you plz give me the exporter name that exportes from ms3d to 3ds?

Thanks
hearsedriver

Post by hearsedriver »

Cleves wrote:can you plz give me the exporter name that exportes from ms3d to 3ds?
Milkshape itself exports to 3DS.

Cheers.
matthias gall, lead programmer at sechsta sinn - email matthias@sechsta-sinn.de

Post by Guest »

Can we see the source code to load and display ms3d model ?

Sam.
hearsedriver

Post by hearsedriver »

Have a look at CAnimatedMeshMS3D.cpp

Cheers.
matthias gall, lead programmer at sechsta sinn - email matthias@sechsta-sinn.de