Pacemaker - Free 3d Skeletal Animation Tool

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

hehe
well, yep, is far from the stablished standards, and not meaning it's better, that difference, imho...but once understood is not specially worse.

My workflow tends to be Wings->Ultimate Unwrap->blender, or if I uv map in wings, just Wings->blender
(I'd also wish wings had proxy mode, that is, the low cage while you see subdivided, quite better drawn over, and be really interactive, not once drag is done...Tho got used to work just low cage and shift tabbing. That when doing hi res.)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
arras

Post by arras »

I also use Wings->Ultimate Unwrap, its good UVmapper. Wings auto UV is good only for very simple meshes. I don§t understand why authors do not let you control UV more directly.

Yes ...I would like even multi cage system where you could switch between not just two but more cages freely.
PI

Post by PI »

arras wrote:I also use Wings->Ultimate Unwrap, its good UVmapper. Wings auto UV is good only for very simple meshes. I don§t understand why authors do not let you control UV more directly.
I haven't read throughoutly the whole topic, but in Wings3D, you can edit by hand UV coords, and auto UV works for simple/complicated meshes as well, you just have to help auto UV a little bit. You can see the models I've made, down, there's a link to my webpage, almost all the models were created using Wings3D.

Cheers,
PI
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

yep you can...

but...

while it's a jewell, and a big effort -the autouv part- Ultimate Unwrap is there since years and years -I used to talk with the author long ago, and help with testing some feature, even sugegsting some and some got into, but was in the times of free version, later an author of a comercial tool often gets too busy and must be organized not to attend every request... ;) And imo, is a great developer.I mean, U.Unwrap had time to add tons of features more. It costed me little bucks, and purchased even having the free version, and the hang of it totally. It has now unwrapping systems that I don't see in Blender nor Wings, not even in Max. So...

But, yep, you have a lot of control of UVs in the modern Auto Uv of wings. Is just that in tools like U.U., or its previous Lithuwrap, you could do already more operations in vertex level. But hey, can't compare years of full dedication, to some also genius guy dedicating some chunks of time probably during some months... And still, is a sweet part of Wings.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com