Making my own game engine

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Jesterstear

Post by Jesterstear »

Hello, I am one of the programmers on this project.

I am getting the same problem as Wdenslow.

I have setup the irrlicht before and it even works when making a console application with no precompiled header.

I am getting this same error when I am making a Windows Form project.
Is it because we cannot make a Windows Form project but instead have to use the Console and add a form after?

I dragged and dropped the include and lib files into VC++'s directory to make sure it wasn't messing up on finding the files but I am still getting the errors
1>------ Build started: Project: Anvil3d, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>renderer.cpp
1>.\renderer.cpp(1) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>Anvil3d.cpp
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\IReferenceCounted.h(116) : error C3862: 'irr::IReferenceCounted::drop': cannot compile an unmanaged function with /clr:pure or /clr:safe
1> Inline native assembly not supported in managed code
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\IReferenceCounted.h(124) : error C3821: 'irr::IReferenceCounted::~IReferenceCounted': managed type or function cannot be used in an unmanaged function
1> Inline native assembly not supported in managed code
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\IReferenceCounted.h(124) : error C3642: 'void *irr::IReferenceCounted::__delDtor(unsigned int)' : cannot call a function with __clrcall calling convention from native code
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\IReferenceCounted.h(116) : error C3645: 'irr::IReferenceCounted::drop' : __clrcall cannot be used on functions compiled to native code
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\matrix4.h(1730) : warning C4394: 'irr::core::IdentityMatrix' : per-appdomain symbol should not be marked with __declspec(dllimport)
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\mikw\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Anvil3d Backup - Copy\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Anvil3d - 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
EDIT: Is it because of the precompiled header?

EDIT2: Not the header because I turned that off and the same errors.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

please dont post XNA and Microshit as an example.

Regards,
Unix Die hard
DavidR

Post by DavidR »

Switch the compiler to /clr and it should work (Go into Project->Properties-> C++, and turn it from clr:pure or clr:safe to just 'Common Language Runtime support')