help! obj model display not correct in irrlicht

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Hmmm I wonder why smooth groups are disabled. Did they get exported correctly from Deep Exploration?

I see a 3ds file in the title bar file name, but you provided an obj file. Did you know that 3ds don't support smoothing in Irrlicht?

You can try to get around it by doing something like smgr->getMeshManipulator()->recalculateNormals(). But this may not help if the triangles don't share vertices. There may be another mesh manipulator function that can weld vertices together for you but I can't seem to remember it off the top of my head at this moment.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
ym1218

Post by ym1218 »

I see Irrlicht don't support 3ds smooth, so I change it to obj before loading, it seems the smooth group information not converted perfect.
BlindSide wrote:Hmmm I wonder why smooth groups are disabled. Did they get exported correctly from Deep Exploration?

I see a 3ds file in the title bar file name, but you provided an obj file. Did you know that 3ds don't support smoothing in Irrlicht?

You can try to get around it by doing something like smgr->getMeshManipulator()->recalculateNormals(). But this may not help if the triangles don't share vertices. There may be another mesh manipulator function that can weld vertices together for you but I can't seem to remember it off the top of my head at this moment.