request for next version: exposing style in Windows windows

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Something possibly related.. (I'm using SVN as of a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen anyone post this.) --

isWindowMinimized() is activated when my program is maximized (the [] button is pressed, NOT the same as full screen)... that causes my program to basically hang under certain conditions.

Is this a bug?

Regardless of whether it is or isn't a bug, can anyone offer some code that differentiates between a maximized window and a minimized window? :?

Edit: Figured it out. Maximized windows have the isFocused state set to 1, and minimized windows have the isFocused state set to 0.
squisher
Competition winner

Post by squisher »

this thread came up #1 when googling for a way to make the minimize button show up on a non-resizeable window in win32.

can you guys *please* change

if (!resize)
style = WS_SYSMENU | WS_BORDER | WS_CAPTION | WS_CLIPCHILDREN | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS;

to
if (!resize)
style = WS_SYSMENU | WS_BORDER | WS_CAPTION | WS_CLIPCHILDREN | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_MINIMIZEBOX;

in CIrrDeviceWin32.cpp? The minimize button does show on the Linux side already - this would be a move towards consistency across platforms.