Update the web page? :)

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

I guess I'm not a serious developer, with only 15,000+ lines of my code in my latest project. :!:

Anyway, if I use any bigger size my eyes will begin to water. :?

AAAAANYWAY, I like the adage, "If it aint broke, don't fix it"... in this case, I guess it'd go something like "If the car windshield is cracked, don't replace the engine..."
slavik262

Post by slavik262 »

I don't think there's anything wrong with the website design and layout, but the content seriously needs to be brought up to date.
  • We should have the new screenshot gallery visible, instead of just one tiny link - there's a lot of awesome looking stuff in there.
  • The development tab should be updated or removed. It's from 1.3.
  • API.NET should be removed. It's not supported at all anymore and is for an ancient version of the engine.
  • A page could be created for some of the awesome wrappers people have made around here, like IrrBullet and IrrExtensions, for example.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ok, at least the front page and some minor things were fixed. I'd also like to have a project page where interesting stuff is presented. And also the gallery, which contains lots more nice shots than our old image list. But both parts are rather expensive to care for, i.e. taking lots of time which I don't have anyway. So we'd need a good solution how to embed the existing pages (e.g. gallery) or establish a flow where someone preprocesses the input and we will do only minor editorial stuff.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

I did convert the the site to Wordpress quite a while back, but there are a few bugs in the template which need ironing out:

http://test.bitplane.net/

With WP we could give users rights to comment on and even moderate the main site, I can't remember if there were technical reasons why it couldn't be hosted at Sourceforge (automatic updates wouldn't work, but other than that it should be okay), I don't think I got as far as testing it on SF.

I haven't got much time at the moment, but if anyone with the appropriate skills wants to work on this, I can grant rights to the test site.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room