Right Choice of Subjects? (About to choose College/A levels)

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
captainkitteh

Post by captainkitteh »

Speaking of AI has anyone here experimented with code generation ? I had some promising results with javascript during my days as a web developer. I wrote a small generator that automated common programming tasks in java script. For example making huge switch statement. I could do a 20 condition switch with a few clicks.

Has anyone tried something similar for our line of work which mostly C++, assembly and shader related ?
Insert witty saying
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

captainkitteh wrote:Speaking of AI has anyone here experimented with code generation ? I had some promising results with javascript during my days as a web developer. I wrote a small generator that automated common programming tasks in java script. For example making huge switch statement. I could do a 20 condition switch with a few clicks.

Has anyone tried something similar for our line of work which mostly C++, assembly and shader related ?
I did try c++ code generation for my project. I wrote a python script that basically knows about my base class "Component", I input the derived class's name and it generates two files for the derived class with empty implementations. The methods that needed to be implemented were hardcoded but it worked for me :)
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).