irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

NOt 1.4 compatible :?:
I thought The First King project should be using irr 1.4(.1).. :wink:
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
JP

Post by JP »

Yup i've no doubt that First King will use the latest version of Irrlicht always, no doubt 1.5 or even 1.6, 1.7.. etc will be out before the game is finished.

But irrAI isn't being integrated into FK just yet so it's more important to get the AI features ready first i think. And as i said the only problems really were that my examples had graphical problems with them, there's nothing wrong with irrAI itself using 1.4, just requires a fair few function parameter changes to get it to compile so when Christian is ready to integrate irrAI it shouldn't cause any problems for upgrading it for to 1.4 for FK as FK is being programmed in 1.4 already so doesn't suffer the graphical glitches.
Image Image Image
huydotnet

Post by huydotnet »

You can open VS 2k8 project file with your VS 2k3 or 2k5 project file by this way:
Open the .vcproj file with Notepad, you will see XML code (may be), find and replace 9.00 in Version to 7.00 or 8.00, find and delete TargetFrameworkVersion line. Save the file and close it.
Now, open it again with your VS :D
JP

Post by JP »

:lol: nice one, i might give that a try.

Everything's looking good in the latest version of irrAI so i should be able to get it uploaded a bit later :D
Image Image Image
JP

Post by JP »

Ok boys and girls, v0.3 is up along with the new example app; Calm-a-geddon ;)

This was something inspired by Halifax a while back when he asked if irrAI could be used to get cars and pedestrians moving around in his summer time game, well this shows how you might go about starting that off!

I think that's all there is to say... hopefully there's nothing wrong with v0.3.. i kinda had to rush it out a bit but it seems to all work fine for me. As i've already said, i'll be away for the next 2 weeks but do post your comments/suggestions/problems here and i'll answer when i get back!
Image Image Image
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Man I love the new example. Very impressive.

P.S
Man I was laughing so hard cause of the ... - Awesome.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
JP

Post by JP »

do you mean my incredible photoshopping skills? XD
Image Image Image
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

This is getting very good. Congratulations!.
What is the license? zlib ?
Are planing to integrated into IrrEx from zeuss?

Keep it going!
JP

Post by JP »

Thanks Vsk, glad you like it :D

The license i haven't really looked into as to choosing which one but basically it will be free to use, open source and give me credit when you use it.

I hadn't even considered whether this would be applicable to IrrExt but if it is then probably! (though i'll have to understand what IrrExt is exactly... is it just a list of goodies for Irrlicht or is there something more to it?)
Image Image Image
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

JP wrote:Thanks Vsk, glad you like it :D

The license i haven't really looked into as to choosing which one but basically it will be free to use, open source and give me credit when you use it.

I hadn't even considered whether this would be applicable to IrrExt but if it is then probably! (though I'll have to understand what IrrExt is exactly... is it just a list of goodies for Irrlicht or is there something more to it?)
About the license, I and some other would prefers a bsd or zlib. And I don't like the gpl, as one says sometime, "I preffer the free choice anarchy that a strict "free them all" communism :P". Thats the case of irrlicht that it has become so great and so quick due to it license. Even more, in my opinion and feeling, this kind of license makes me more open to acknowledge and to contribute that with a GPL "obligation". But that is just my opinion.

I think with bsd you have what you want about the credit.

And IrrEx I will called a "one point" access to all the wonderfull extension that are "sparse" all over the forum, with some kind of unification. Is weird that Zeuss hasn't asked you yet. This Extension of yours is realy usefull!.
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Haha, possibly.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
JP

Post by JP »

Me thinks Halifax missed the 11th page ;)
Image Image Image
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

JP wrote:Me thinks Halifax missed the 11th page ;)
Haha :lol:.
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Oh wow, yeah, I did. :shock: Haha, I was wondering why my post looked so out of place, geez.

But yeah, the v0.3 release is pretty cool, and I agree with everyone else, this is getting great.

This really does look easy enough to use for a GTA Vice City kind of world. I can't wait to start actually working with this library.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, Just got some time to check the new demo JP and it look really good. The one little thing I still see to remark is sometimes the NPC FOV detect but don't react correctly on certain situation. But this one is looking very, very pretty! :D

About the info about the version and integration with the First King project, this library will be used when it's ready. I'll wait until JP is ready and use the library as any other project. And you're right JP, I'd would like to use the last available version of IRRlicht with it :)

I've learned something this week in my design course that could affect some term I used for my project (Would have to correct those terms in my docs and probably the site, when I have some time again).

I was telling that I would reach Alpha state soon. I was mistaken. From my teacher an alpha is a functionning game. The alpha is very buggy and very little artwork, but we can play the game from start to finish. So my "alpha" I was refering to is more like a "production build" until I reach the first Alpha. I see now more of the scope of my project, I probably will set a new date to reach the first BETA (When Beta is reached, the game can be played from start to finish, but has some bugs to clean up)

Again, felicitation on your new release JP!