IrrNewt irrlicht\newton framework >> SVN access

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Foxer

Download

Post by Foxer »

Does anyone know where I can download Irrnewt?

Tried the official homepage but it doesn't work.
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

I compiled irrnewt with irrlicht 1.3.1.
Here are the links to download.

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/66046685/IrrNewt1.3.1Compiled.zip.html
It comes with a .lib and .dll compiled to visual studio 32 bits.
And besides I add the irrnewt complete exact just like I download it from white tiger site.

So remember that irrnewt inside is the one compiled with 1.1. So you must replace .dll and .li with the ones I add on the root.

Then just reference to them and ready to use with irrlicht 1.3.1. :D.

Thanks a white tiger for this wrapper, and i hope he come back with more advance.
dybalabj

Post by dybalabj »

I tried posting on the Beginner's forum but haven;'t gotten any response. Maybe it's too stupid of a question, but all the debugging and Googling I've done doesn't give me much indication of how to fix this other than to not use VS2005. Any takers? Please?

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=24557

- Dybs
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

I will try to re-upload all irrnewt examples working with irrlicht 1.3.1 so people can use this complete-easytouse-easytomodify newton wrapper.

Just wait :D
kwakwaversal

Downloading irrnewt 0.4

Post by kwakwaversal »

It took me a while to find an alternate download and found one on mirrorservice.

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/down ... r/aresfps/

For all the people who can't get it from the current sourceforge, hope it helps someone.
twilight17

Post by twilight17 »

Does anyone know where I can get IrrNewt 0.4??? The site's download doesn't work
EDIT: thanks kwakwaversal its on that mirror you found :)
Post this userbar I made on other websites to show your support for Irrlicht!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1261 ... wernq4.png
interceptor

Post by interceptor »

Well, i tryed v0.2 ages ago, and i have a question about 0.4:

is it possible to edit an individual tyre's position/size? if so, how? I want to set all the positions and sizes of the tyres manually, instead of using the creatchasis() like in the example. That was my biggest problem with 0.2/0.3, was that it was pretty much impossible to change a wheels size/position individually without doing alot of messing about with the source...

Secondly, is it working okay with 1.3.1? i just uncomment the line as described in the readme, and rebuld it?

Thanks!
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

Yes you can do all that without problem.
You must use Ivehicle simple, although I think the car example is alsomo moficable the tire size, radius, etc. It must be done on creation take a look at the example code.
And yes too, with only change that line and rebuild you can use it with 1.3.1 without problem, although you must have care about the examples becasue whitetiger explain that there is some bug in 1.3.1. Read this post in the early pages, there is explained, I don't remember in this moment.
Donner

Post by Donner »

Hey,

i have a mesh loaded in Irrlicht and created an "IBody" from this Mesh. Is it possible to have a real collision detection with every vertex?

My example: I have created a road with Cinema 4D. Now I load it and create an IBody from it.

But the collision structure is like this: http://img-up.net/img/street_deb8cYzWO.png

I want a detailed collision detection, so that you can drive with a car on the road. At the moment IrrNewt just takes the Mesh borders...

I hope you understand, what I mean...

Thank you
D.
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

@Donner: build a tree collision from it using EBT_TREE
twilight17

Post by twilight17 »

white tiger wrote:@Donner: build a tree collision from it using EBT_TREE
Hey white tiger.. could you re-post the file on your site... it doesn't work anymore. If I hit download, it goes to a sourceforge page with no downloads available. Thanks!
Post this userbar I made on other websites to show your support for Irrlicht!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1261 ... wernq4.png
Donner

Post by Donner »

hello,

thank you! It works.

Then I have a second question: Is it possible to define, that two IBodies must not collide with each other?

So for example if I have the Terrain and the Road and they are colliding at a few points but they should not react to this collision - is it possible? (Of course e.g. a car should collide with the Terrain AND the road...)
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

Donner wrote:hello,

thank you! It works.

Then I have a second question: Is it possible to define, that two IBodies must not collide with each other?

So for example if I have the Terrain and the Road and they are colliding at a few points but they should not react to this collision - is it possible? (Of course e.g. a car should collide with the Terrain AND the road...)
Yes, use a differente material for the terrain and the road, and made the pair not colide. Or you can just denay the collision by implementing the collision callback for this two materials.

But anyway I don't think you will find something extrange in the collision between the the road and the terrain, both of them are tree collision wich don't react dinamicaly (don't moves, etc) when something collide with them.
Or maybe you want to "insert" the road into the terrain to make it homogenuos? if that , then first suggestion I think will be the best.

Good to see you over here whitetiger, the next version of newton is at the corner and with amzing new features, I am planning in adapting (some of this days :roll:) your wrapper for it, it comes with a lot of new and better stuff!!!. It now has breakable meshes!!!.
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

yes, i know download link doesn't work anymore :wink:

i'm glad to hear someone use the wrapper but i don't have time no more to matain it up, so i have deactivated the release on sourceforge

if you want you can still download it from kwakwaversal's link, but i don't know if it is the same file i have uploaded in sourceforge :twisted:

i can activate the link without providing support, but it doesn't have a lot of sense :roll:
Good to see you over here whitetiger, the next version of newton is at the corner and with amzing new features, I am planning in adapting (some of this days Rolling Eyes) your wrapper for it, it comes with a lot of new and better stuff!!!. It now has breakable meshes!!!.

i'm glad to hear that!! thanks you
matgaw

Post by matgaw »

It seems that irrNewt has a bug in determining position of the body.

Everything's ok, if body has no parent. If it has, then the body in Newton is created in different place, than scene node.

I modified IBody::setNodeMatrixToBody() to fix this:

Code: Select all

void irr::newton::IBody::setNodeMatrixToBody() {
	this->node->updateAbsolutePosition();

core::matrix4 irr_mat = this->node->getAbsoluteTransformation();

irr_mat.setTranslation(irr_mat.getTranslation()*IrrToNewton);

NewtonBodySetMatrix(
		this->body,
		GetMatrixPointer(irr_mat));
}
(changed getRelativeTransformation to getAbsoluteTransformation).

It works fine, when parent and child have scale(1,1,1). But - when parent has, for example (0.4,0.4,0.4) scale, and child (1,1,1) (relative scale), the body is created as if the child would have (1,1,1) absolute scale, so the body is on the position, where it should be if parent has (1,1,1) scale...

How do I fix this? I tried alot, and no progress.... I don't know anything about matrixes math in Irrlicht, so I only base on written code...