Finally, a DirectX 10 video driver for Irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Nadro

Re: Finally, a DirectX 10 video driver for Irrlicht

Post by Nadro »

This explains the situation :)
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I`ve been seeing the shader for the fixed pipeline emulation, i would like to comment the diference between EMT_SPHERE_MAP and EMT_REFLECTION_2_LAYER.

While both look very similar, they aren't alike at all. You see. In EMT_SPHERE_MAP the vector used to map the texture sample is the normalized normal of the vertex as seen in view space, but multiplied by 0.5 and added 0.5 to sample in the right range, while the EMT_REFLECTION_2_LAYER uses the normalized reflected view vector using the vertex normal, in view space, as the "normal" to reflect this vector.

Also congrats, it is an awesome work :)
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
robmar

Post by robmar »

any news on DX10 or 11 driver progress?
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

i didnt have much time this week. so i have only minor fixes.
i began to implement the bridgecall class but not finished right now.
1: In example no. 10 we can see problems related to depth write by transparent objects.
2: n example no. 11 when we rotate a camera in some places, some artifacts are visible (bad tris are connected with gui I think, it's good visible in diffuse mode).
2: i think i fixed this but not really sure. I had this problem very rarely.
1: i guess that is a error in the fixed function shader. but my knowledge of shaders are very limited. so i can not fix it.

@Mel
can you provide a patch for this?
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

i can try :) but i am unsure of how thing works, i haven't tested the driver properly, only have seen through the shaders.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

hi,

here is a new update for the driver:

update.patch

changes:
- added CD3D11CallBridge (now we reached almost the same speed as the dx9 driver)
- added DX 11.1 support
- general clean up

@nadro
In example no. 11 when we rotate a camera in some places, some artifacts are visible (bad tris are connected with gui I think, it's good visible in diffuse mode).
can you confirm that it is fixed?

i think next feature is the fvf.
have you a example for that in the ogles branch or somewhere else?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Merged with branch :) I checked a performance and now it looks like this driver is really well optimized (sometimes D3D9 is faster mainly in 2D draw operations, sometimes D3D11). Good work!

What about bugs:
- example no. 11 is fixed now.
- in example no. 13, RT texture is wrong.

Currently I don't see other problems.

What about FVF?
You can see working implementations (check stuff which contain VertexDescriptor word) in shader-pipeline branch for OGL driver (as I said before it need some fixes related to FVF and COpenGLBridgeCalls) and D3D9 (it works properly).
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

I updated to the latest revision:

CD3D11Driver.cpp(303): error C2065: 'D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1' : undeclared identifier

Using the Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)

EDIT
Nevermind, just found this commend in the compile config

//! Only define _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_DIRECT3D_11_ if you have an appropriate DXSDK
//! Download: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows ... 52363.aspx
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

I tried to compile this version of irrlicht and informs me the following error, I have the SDK referred in DX11 driver.

What do I need?

Greetings.

Code: Select all

1>Vinculando...
1>   Creando biblioteca ..\..\lib\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.lib y objeto ..\..\lib\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.exp
1>CNullDriver.obj : error LNK2001: símbolo externo "public: __thiscall irr::video::CVertexDescriptor::CVertexDescriptor(class irr::core::string<char,class irr::core::irrAllocator<char> > const &,unsigned int)" (??0CVertexDescriptor@video@irr@@QAE@ABV?$string@DV?$irrAllocator@D@core@irr@@@core@2@I@Z) sin resolver
1>CIrrDeviceWin32.obj : error LNK2001: símbolo externo "class irr::video::IVideoDriver * __cdecl irr::video::createDirectX11Driver(struct irr::SIrrlichtCreationParameters const &,class irr::io::IFileSystem *,struct HWND__ *)" (?createDirectX11Driver@video@irr@@YAPAVIVideoDriver@12@ABUSIrrlichtCreationParameters@2@PAVIFileSystem@io@2@PAUHWND__@@@Z) sin resolver
1>..\..\bin\Win32-visualstudio\Irrlicht.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 externos sin resolver

Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Probably You don't use VS2011 project, so You have to add CVertexDescription and D3D11* files to your Irrlicht project (other projects are missing those files).
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

Thank you very much Nandro, compile everything and even got several demos, but for example 008 SpecialFX only get to see the black window.

I guess this is still very recent, and perhaps this demo does not work yet.

Greetings.

EDIT: all the demos DX11 driver is choosing the black window. :(
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

all examples might work.

did you try to make a clean up?
any errors in the console window?
which dx version is supported by your graphic card?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Please check console log. Do You see something like a:
Could not load library: d3dcompiler_46.dll
The latest MS SDK doesn't install properly some files to system32/ dir, so You have to copy them manually from sdk directory to system32 or irrlicht bin folder.
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

Perform cleaning and recompile everything ok.
But the window goes black in all the examples, I set the console if the dll calls, but I bet that error is this.

thank you very much to both this evening when I get home I will check.

regards
zerochen

Post by zerochen »

Nadro wrote:Please check console log. Do You see something like a:
Could not load library: d3dcompiler_46.dll
The latest MS SDK doesn't install properly some files to system32/ dir, so You have to copy them manually from sdk directory to system32 or irrlicht bin folder.
i added a postbuild step with the lastest patch that cares about the file. it copies the file to the bin folder. haven't you added this part of patch?