My First IRRLITCH demo (Completed 23th September)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

I think klasker's trees already use imposters..
There is another example that shows the fading transparency imposter trick in irrlicht and shows a nice landscape with a good fps count.

Search the project announcements for CLOD scenenode.

Cheers :D
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Wow! Thanks for those suggestions and comments. :D

I'm so bad in coding now that I will only surely try those 16 pictures trick. The old trick I used was only used 4 pictures. Adding more will surely be more convincing.

At the moment, I stopped the work on the demo and focussed on learning how Blender work. I want to make people that are waiting and the .X format is "broken" for animated mesh. :cry: .B3D exporter are not working in Lightwave. So I will have to do this in Blender.
christianclavet

Hi, Here is some new screenshots of the current demo (31 august 2007)
Done a good work on the fountain, and water. (Can zoom in now and the reflection/refraction will follow). The new demo has also new sound effect on some objects.

And here is a work in progress for my first character to be in my level:
Once I will complete the painting, I'll do the rigging, animating and tweak it to be imported in my level.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

nice~ :o
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

martial arts related project?

the hands look a bit too big...

for some reason, the water particles doesn't look too realistic to me...Trees could benefit of more planes, perhaps.Other than that, the project seems going very well :)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

curious, you're using modo...surely is a joy to work with it.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

vermeer wrote:curious, you're using modo...surely is a joy to work with it.
what's modo? never heard of it.
christianclavet

Hi, For the tree. I still trying to find the best solution. Yes, At the moment the hands look very big! :) Will surely have to reduce the vertice there.

For the particles, they need to be motion blurred to be realistic. If you know of some code that could use shader to blur their motion, I'd appreciate it! :)

Modo was created by same creator of Lightwave (Allen Hasting & Stuart Ferguson), they founded Luxology and created Modo. It as a similar workflow as Lightwave and is great for texturing object (Real time 3D painting). If time continue, they will surely get a better application then Lightwave is at the moment. They only need to support animation features (started in 301, but still have to implement bone animation and IK).

Here is a link if you would like to know more:
http://www.luxology.com/whatismodo/
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

For the particles, they need to be motion blurred to be realistic. If you know of some code that could use shader to blur their motion, I'd appreciate it!
You can allways use the function blurItNow ==> please.
I mean, am an artist, and with a terrible sense of humor.
Modo was created by same creator of Lightwave (Allen Hasting & Stuart Ferguson), they founded Luxology and created Modo
hmm.just realized...They wanna make something impacting...is recognized in everyplace that the UI wanted to look similar to Zbrush one (tho I'm not fan of zb in any way) ...then , they call the company Luxology, which somhow reminds me a bit of Pixologic (Zbrush)...hehe, nice twist.

Must be an incredibly great modeler.
About direct 3d painting, even if is not gonna be supported any more, I'm in love with my old purchased deep paint 3d...But i guess as modo is more recent, could even be better.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

What kind of particles do you use? If you use some nicely blending textures it should look much nicer. I also added some interesting partcle emitters and affectors recently. Maybe you can play with those to get a better result.
arras

Post by arras »

For nice fountain efect you can create mesh in shape of falling water, cone or something similar and animate semitransparent texture on it. Cheap and efective. If you combine it with your particles, you can get even better result.
christianclavet

Hi. I've added a loader interface to my demo. It's still not completed totally but it's functional. Also, when the demo launch, We see the progress of thing that are being loaded and processed. As for now, the water is only working in DirectX9.0 (Because of shaders). OpenGl are still worked on by Elvman, but are still not functionnal.

On the next version, I'll try to calculate the display to center it when it's loading and initializing. Also complete the interface.

I've also a little problem with the loader. I have made 2 "procedures", one for the loader and another one for the main demo. When I use "closeDevice()" on my loader pointer. It close it but it seem to close also the demo completely. Is there some tricks to close only the loader window? (Defined as a Irrlichdevice and the demo as a ExIrrlichDevice)
At the moment, the loader windows stay's open until the application is closed.

Here is a screenshot:

For the fountain, for me the way it look now, is sufficient for me.
I've changed the PNG texture to a TGA texture and put a black background so I could change the material to Transparent_ADD.

The particles look a little more like water now.
Here is a new screenshot:
The sound effect also help a lot to convince me that it's a fountain we see.
By the way, for the ones that have downloaded the latest version (at least 31 August). How's the sound effect behaving? Is it ok?
christianclavet

Hi,

Here is 2 new screenshot for the improvement in the interface for version of today (2 september 2007):

The text is much more readable now. Anyone know a way to put accentued characters in the GUI? I see the accents in the font file. Accent don't display at all. I would like to make a french version of this GUI.

I've corrected the sound effect a little (the front was weird), side were ok.
Also I've centered the display loading status when the level is getting the elements.

I'll now continue the work on my characters.
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Thats look very good:) Nice work:)

BTW.
In interface (section: about) You should correct IrrKlang name (acctual is: Irrkdlang)
JP

Post by JP »

Also correct 'developped' to 'developed' and 'informations' to 'information' :)

Looking damned good, i like the look of the fountain, must download the demo and check it out!
Image Image Image