BeamSceneNode

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

researcher wrote:Thanks for the advice. I am actually not working on a game. I just want to create a laser beam on screen and yes I have not worked with irrlicht before and thus asked the question. It would be really helpful if you could just answer my question. Thanks a lot
Learn some c++ and do it yourself or choose something easier.
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
CarlS

Post by CarlS »

researcher wrote:Thanks for the advice. I am actually not working on a game. I just want to create a laser beam on screen and yes I have not worked with irrlicht before and thus asked the question. It would be really helpful if you could just answer my question. Thanks a lot
Have you tried going through the tutorials in the examples folder of the Irrlicht download?
Even though there isn't one that specifically uses the laser beam scene node, the general approach used to include other scene nodes should apply to that one as well.

Once you have an idea about how Irrlicht is used, try taking one of the simpler tutorials (like Tutorial 4 - Movement) and adding the beam scene node to that. If it doesn't work (and it probably won't the first time), you'll have some code to post so other people can see it and hopefully spot some errors and show you what you need to change to make it work.

--Carl
researcher

Post by researcher »

Thanks a lot. I figured out where to put that code but now am getting a linker error that main.obj is missing. Can you help me with that?
Brkopac

Post by Brkopac »

researcher wrote:Thanks a lot. I figured out where to put that code but now am getting a linker error that main.obj is missing. Can you help me with that?
Trolololololol
postCount++;
Image - The glory days.