Fullscreen (focus?) problems in 1.6 [update: and with 1.7.2]

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
robmar

Re: Fullscreen (focus?) problems in 1.6 [update: and with 1.

Post by robmar »

It seems like the "same" problem, but on Windows. When the app starts and goes full screen, although I setpos the MFC parent window to topmost (and also got the Irrlicht handle and did the same), the OnDraw message is being "lost" until I alt-tab to another application, and then back the the irrlicht app. When running non full, it works fine.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Do you have some short example for this maybe? I don't think we'll find anything without debugging such a problem (debugging fullscreen isn't funny even with example...) so we need to be able to reproduce it first.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
robmar

Post by robmar »

yes, not without two monitors for sure! Two monitors almost makes debugging bearable! :)

everthing seemed to be working fine, but since upgrading to VS2010, fullscreen mode doesn´t work, although that could be a coincidence only, maybe I changed some small thing.

I was creating-displaying-deleting the Irrlicht device each time I loaded a scene and animations. so to eliminate the delay of the delete-create device cycle, I changed the code to cleanup only, i.e. delete the previous meshes, textures and nodes, and then re-use the device, but now its somehow losing the focus and the screen doesn´t show until I alt-tab to another application, then back.

I´ve tried so many things, setfocus, setwindowposition.. but I can´t get the irrlicht window to run programatically in fullscreen mode.

If I right-click the screen, then the pop-up dlg shows, and immediately the 3d sceen shows drawing away happily. I´ve checked the code thats called, through the MFC code, but can´t see anything relevant.

This is the cleanup sequence:
1. Remove animators.
2. Destroy child nodes.
3. Remove nodes.
4. Call removealltextures, meshes.
5. Finally, call device->clearSystemMessages()

Hoping the device can then be ready for reuse.

In any case, in windowed mode it works, but in full-screen mode its unreliable at best, nothing at worst.